What's new

Ax92u issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rev4turbomonster

New Around Here
Hi All apologies if this is in the wrong place I wasn’t sure where to post it. I have two ax92u routers and an ac68u router in an so mesh network. With all my smart lights and google homes phones laptops etc I have over 100 items on the network and it seems to be unstable and falling over a lot. Can any of you offer me ideas on how I should configure this network to be more stable with all of my lights and other tech. I have no idea where to start and am not sure if there is something I could buy to put the lights on their own network etc because that is the majority of my items on the network.

thanks for your help

Matt

Hi All apologies if this is in the wrong place I wasn’t sure where to post it. I have two ax92u routers and an ac68u router in an so mesh network. With all my smart lights and google homes phones laptops etc I have over 100 items on the network and it seems to be unstable and falling over a lot. Can any of you offer me ideas on how I should configure this network to be more stable with all of my lights and other tech. I have no idea where to start and am not sure if there is something I could buy to put the lights on their own network etc because that is the majority of my items on the network.

thanks for your help

Matt

What's the status of the router firmware? Have you ever upgrade and reset the firmware?

OE

Thanks for coming back to me it is on the latest firmware for all three routers. Not sure what you mean by resetting the firmware. I rebuilt the network over the weekend as something caused the routers to lose their settings annoyingly. I got everything up and running and in the main things seemed ok or so I thought till today when it is all crashing again

Thanks for coming back to me it is on the latest firmware for all three routers. Not sure what you mean by resetting the firmware. I rebuilt the network over the weekend as something caused the routers to lose their settings annoyingly. I got everything up and running and in the main things seemed ok or so I thought till today when it is all crashing again

Read this FAQ: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

A significant firmware upgrade should be followed by resetting the firmware to its (new) factory default settings before proceeding to configure the router from scratch (no restore of saved settings/old factory defaults).

My AiMesh install notes might offer some other clues.

Also, you might consider trying the AiMesh 2.0 beta firmware:

OE

Is that firmware for the ac92u routers as well? Also if I do a factory rest as suggested then set the ssid up as it was before am I right in thinking all of my smart devices should just reconnect ?

Is that firmware for the ac92u routers as well? Also if I do a factory rest as suggested then set the ssid up as it was before am I right in thinking all of my smart devices should just reconnect ?

If you read about, you will see that the beta applies to the AX92, but not an AC92:

Yes, if you recreate your current router WLAN credentials (SSID and WPA Pre-Shared Key), your current wireless client connections will remain valid.

Yes, reset the nodes and do not configure them... simply search for them and add them from within the router webUI.

Tip: Removing (-) a node from AiMesh via the webUI automatically resets the node, leaving it ready to add back to the AiMesh.

OE

Thanks I will try that then I have downloaded the firmware so will finish the work I have to do today then try that firmware and doing what you suggested.

Sorry for being thick I have downloaded and installed the new firmware you posted now from what you have said if I remove the nodes they will get a factory reset anyway how do I reset the main router can I do it from Webui or do I have to press the reset button on the back

Sorry for being thick I have downloaded and installed the new firmware you posted now from what you have said if I remove the nodes they will get a factory reset anyway how do I reset the main router can I do it from Webui or do I have to press the reset button on the back

You're not thick... just young and stubborn. My notes linked above cover this.

Use the webUI firmware Restore w/Initialize... also purges logged data. Otherwise, hold the reset button until the power LED begins to flash.

OE

I have reset it all and reset up the network add the nodes back and all seems to be working well thank you so much for your help. If I could ask you one more thing I really would like to rename the devices on my network so I know which is which and whenever I have done this if the router is ever reset it seems to forget the names is there a way to fix this at all

I have reset it all and reset up the network add the nodes back and all seems to be working well thank you so much for your help. If I could ask you one more thing I really would like to rename the devices on my network so I know which is which and whenever I have done this if the router is ever reset it seems to forget the names is there a way to fix this at all

It does help to wait for the new network to settle in... the client list tends to improve.

Given AiMesh has been a work-in-progress since 2018, and we are now running AiMesh 2.0 beta, I would hold off on the tidiness bits to save time and trouble when upgrading.

Others may suggest ways (scripts?) to save and re-apply client names and icons, but if possible, this will still require extra steps.

My approach is to keep it simple... the more the network can be a plug and play appliance, the better.

Feel free to ask questions and to share what you learn.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!