What's new

Solved AX92U LAN ports won't go above 100 Mbps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacper123

New Around Here
Like the title reads, my LAN ports are all stuck at 100mbs. I've tried multiple cat 5e cables and a cat6, both on desktop and a laptop, in all cases the LAN port status stays at 100mbps
WAN is 1gbps

Wifi on mobile goes to 250+mbps

Both devices are capable of 100+mbs
I used to get 120mpbs on ethernet, that what i was paying for with my provider, now upgraded to 260+ but all ports are stuck at 100.
I've done a firmware update recently, before upgrading internet, but don't know whether this problem was present already before as I didn't check

1673038926842.png
1673039050573.png

Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer, AICloud AiProtection all disabled

Anyone have any ideas? Anything is appreciated...

Welcome to the forums @Kacper123.

Try doing an electrical reset on both the router and all wired devices too. Leave the power switch on the router 'on', but pull the power plug from both the router and the AC wall outlet. Let it sit like that for 2 minutes minimum (I'd wait 10 minutes or more, myself), then power it up again and check.

Also, make sure to go into Administration, Privacy, and Withdraw from all agreements. Be sure to reboot afterward.

Welcome to the forums @Kacper123.

Try doing an electrical reset on both the router and all wired devices too. Leave the power switch on the router 'on', but pull the power plug from both the router and the AC wall outlet. Let it sit like that for 2 minutes minimum (I'd wait 10 minutes or more, myself), then power it up again and check.

Also, make sure to go into Administration, Privacy, and Withdraw from all agreements. Be sure to reboot afterward.
Gave it a an electrical reset, checked, then withdrew from all agreements and rebooted, still the same.
Might be worth mentioning I also tried cleaning it with compressed air (not very high pressure), but it was very clean, no dust or crap in the ports anyway.
What are the devices? Make an model number.
One is a HP laptop, don't have model number but this isn't the important one anyway,
other is self build desktop, mobo is GA-AX370-Gaming K7 which has gigabit LAN

Is there a perhaps a fast ethernet switch in your network ? That might slow down everything to 10/100 Mbps ...

If the check on @HerrSchurz's suggestion doesn't show any obvious signs, a full reset is in order, IMO.

Is there a perhaps a fast ethernet switch in your network ? That might slow down everything to 10/100 Mbps ...
I don't think there's a fast ethernet switch? I don't really know what that is, but everything just goes straight from router to device with ethernet cable, nothing in between.

If the check on @HerrSchurz's suggestion doesn't show any obvious signs, a full reset is in order, IMO.
Just tried a full reset, set up all my networks again - I have 1x 2.4ghz 2x 5ghz split if it matters. All LAN still on 100mbps

I will order a new cat6 cable just to make sure, since all the ones that I've tried are years old.
When I switched the WAN cable with one of the cat5e ones that are giving me 100mbs, it dropped the WAN to 100mb also..

Last edited:
Checking... you set up the network 'minimally and manually', correct? (i.e. not using any saved backup config files that you imported into the router after the full reset).

Do you have any USB devices plugged into the router?

Does unplugging all LAN cables and plugging only one in at a time (test all ports when doing this) show a difference?

Can you check with different cables? Preferably, a cable from a different brand than you're using now?

When (not if) you do a full reset again, without doing any customizations, does the router behave? If not, it may indicate a hardware fault.

Try the following to get the router to a good/known state again.

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global
(Be sure you follow the method for your specific model).

Nuclear Reset https://www.snbforums.com/threads/major-issues-w-rt-ac86u.56342/page-4#post-495710

Note (and don't skip) the steps where you're re-flashing the same firmware the router is already using.

You may need to do these multiple resets (using all the methods possible), and re-flashing the firmware a few times to get your hardware back. If it is possible, of course.

I found an actual good quality cat6 from an old job and it works like it's supposed to, so it's the cables after all... I checked and cat5e was supposed to be up to 1000mbps, but clearly that's not the case... or they were just crap cables.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!