Axe11000 wireless gaming concerns

Woymfsu03

New Around Here
So I have the asus axe11000 wireless router and for the most part has been great. However for some reason on my ps5 and Xbox series x I’m only able to get around 100xbus download and upload speeds using speed test.net with the same servers every time. However on my iPad mini which ax I get around 470mbps down and my pixel 4a I get around 380mbps down. My connection is 500 down and 100 up. I tested with the router device and it’s usually above both those numbers. Is this just an Xbox and PlayStation wireless issue with the devices or could be throttling somehow. Devices are basically the same distance apart from the router. Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions.

Just adding I’ve used both the official firmware and I’m currently on the Merlin firmware and it’s the same thing with both versions.
 

KingBravery

Senior Member
Hi, I suggest you may try below setting. Hope it will solve your problem.

-Use wifi password WPA2-PSK. Do not use mixed WPA3/WPA2
-Disable Target Wake Time
-Disable Airtime Fairness
-Disable Universal Beamforming
-Disable OFDMA/802.11ax MU-MIMO
-Disable Multi-User MIMO
-Enable 802.11ax/ac Beamforming/ Explicit Beamforming. If still has issue, disable this one too.
 

Woymfsu03

New Around Here
Interesting results. I did the suggestions as followed. While leaving enable 802.11ax/ac beamforming enabled. Just shot up to around 360mbps. I thought great. Next day down to below 250. So I disabled everything as suggested and ps5 went back up to around 380mbps on the same server and site I’ve been using. Xbox results are 240mbps and as low as 180. Which has always been the case when I’ve gotten results from previous testing and changes as well so maybe the series x Wi-Fi isn’t as good. I know it’s only an ac and the ps5 is an ax device. I’ll do further tests over the weekend and see if there are any more changes. Hopefully this will be the norm going forward.
Am curious why disabling what I thought are better performance options seems to help speed though if anyone has an answer or knowledge to enlighten me. Thanks for your help as well KingBravery.
 

KingBravery

Senior Member
Interesting results. I did the suggestions as followed. While leaving enable 802.11ax/ac beamforming enabled. Just shot up to around 360mbps. I thought great. Next day down to below 250. So I disabled everything as suggested and ps5 went back up to around 380mbps on the same server and site I’ve been using. Xbox results are 240mbps and as low as 180. Which has always been the case when I’ve gotten results from previous testing and changes as well so maybe the series x Wi-Fi isn’t as good. I know it’s only an ac and the ps5 is an ax device. I’ll do further tests over the weekend and see if there are any more changes. Hopefully this will be the norm going forward.
Am curious why disabling what I thought are better performance options seems to help speed though if anyone has an answer or knowledge to enlighten me. Thanks for your help as well KingBravery.
I'm glad that you get good results.. hope this suggestion can help someone out there too.. Maybe it slows a bit sometimes When enabling 802.11ax/ac beamforming, because other device at other room is requesting data.

You may play a bit with channel number to get good result. First you must scan using any wireless scanner apps. After identify neighbour channel, you change to other channel that has not been used yet..
 
Last edited:

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top