What's new

AXE16000 upload speed issues 6ghz & 5ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bookedirl

Occasional Visitor
I'm havin some issues with upload speeds between my devices which seems to be only on wifi. I'm currently uploading between my NAS / other PC on the network (2.5gbe backhaul) at around 15MB/s. I can download from both of them around 180-212 on the high side when connected through wifi. What would be the issue causing my upload speed to not work properly?

I tested uploading from my PC to my laptop and no issues. I also tested using my 2.5gbe ethernet on my laptop and it uploads at normal speeds.

All 4 wifi bands can download at full speeds but all upload at around 15MB/s.

I'm running the latest merlin version on my AXE16000 386.8.

Are there any obvious troubleshooting things I can try?

It's unclear in your post what two devices you use during your various tests (and how those devices are connected).

Is the NAS the only device with issues (that is how I'm reading it)?

What NAS do you have? How are the drives configured? What were your previous speeds?

Speaking of speeds, are you stating 15 MB/s and 180-212 MB/s or should those be Mbps? What test files are you using to test with? A single 10GB file will give higher results than a 10GB folder of hundreds of small files.

Have you fully powered down the network (including rebooting all client devices (reboot, do not 'just' power down? There is a difference with Windows computers).

Finally, are you running a single router? Are there switches used within the network? Are you using another router in AP or AiMesh mode?

It's unclear in your post what two devices you use during your various tests (and how those devices are connected).

Is the NAS the only device with issues (that is how I'm reading it)?

What NAS do you have? How are the drives configured? What were your previous speeds?

Speaking of speeds, are you stating 15 MB/s and 180-212 MB/s or should those be Mbps? What test files are you using to test with? A single 10GB file will give higher results than a 10GB folder of hundreds of small files.

Have you fully powered down the network (including rebooting all client devices (reboot, do not 'just' power down? There is a difference with Windows computers).

Finally, are you running a single router? Are there switches used within the network? Are you using another router in AP or AiMesh mode?

Sorry for not clarifying! I do have ai-mesh, Also have an AX86U and an AX3000, but everything is connected to the 2.5gbe switch. The synology is connected to the 2.5gbe switch and that switch feeds off the 10GB port of my axe16000. WAN is on 2.5GB port on the axe16000. The first trouble shooting method I tried was doing a factory reset of all devices and unplugging all of them for a minute or so and plugging back in.

I'm using 2GB files, and speeds downloading are in fact 180-212MB not Mpbs/s. and uploading at 15MB/s.

I'm trying to upload from my laptop (intel ax210 tried all 4 bands) to my Synology NAS. Which is using a 2.5gbe usb adapter which is connected to a 2.5gbe switch (Trendnet).

From my NAS to my laptop the speed is fine. I only mentioned my other PC as a means to test the issue further. Any time I try to upload from my laptop to any device on my network it only has a max of 15MB/s.

Yes, still not clear about your topology or testing methods.

How many drives are in the NAS? What brand/model is it? How are the drives configured (RAID mode)?

With the laptop, does this upload limitation happen on another network? Is the computer plugged into AC power? Is the Performance slider option selected while plugged into AC? Have you messed with the settings in the drivers? Have you fully reset the network connections on the computer? Have you fully uninstalled the drives, rebooted, re-installed the drivers, and then rebooted and tested again?

Have you ever gotten the speeds you expect out of your network/devices?

Is this a new network, or is this an upgrade from a previously working version? What did you 'upgrade' and how (if that is what is going on here)?

Are you importing an old saved backup config file or are you minimally and manually configuring the router following the steps in the links below?

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

First things first. Unplug the AiMesh node. Leave it powered off. At least, until you can get the main router to work as it should be first.

Yes, still not clear about your topology or testing methods.

How many drives are in the NAS? What brand/model is it? How are the drives configured (RAID mode)?

With the laptop, does this upload limitation happen on another network? Is the computer plugged into AC power? Is the Performance slider option selected while plugged into AC? Have you messed with the settings in the drivers? Have you fully reset the network connections on the computer? Have you fully uninstalled the drives, rebooted, re-installed the drivers, and then rebooted and tested again?

Have you ever gotten the speeds you expect out of your network/devices?

Is this a new network, or is this an upgrade from a previously working version? What did you 'upgrade' and how (if that is what is going on here)?

Are you importing an old saved backup config file or are you minimally and manually configuring the router following the steps in the links below?

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

First things first. Unplug the AiMesh node. Leave it powered off. At least, until you can get the main router to work as it should be first.
Topology > AXE16000 > 10gbe port on router > 2.5gbe Switch > Synology NAS. I have 2 connections to the NAS one using the ethernet port in the back and one via USB to utilize the 2.5gbe connection.

I have reset my router to factory settings both using Asus firmware and merlin. Both with a hard reset and not importing any settings.

I did a bit more testing. I used a second laptop and used it to upload files to the original laptop that was having issues (and vice versa) and there are no issues with speed. Also, there are no speed issues when using ethernet on either laptop and uploading a file to my NAS.

I have two Synology NAS', one is 920+ and one is a 220+. I have tried both IP's I have for them one is 1GB connection and the other is the 2.5GBE USB connection. All 4 options I have issues over wifi uploading to them and only on wifi is it an issue. There is no issue when using a wired connection.

Any ideas on why only WIFI would be an issue uploading to the NAS but no issue uploading between two laptops with ax210 wifi over 5GHz and 6Ghz ?

4 drives in the 920+ they’re wd red pros. Also have m.2 cache. They’re in raid 6 I believe. I did speed tests (using their benchmark program) on each drive within the synology OS and tests were good. Also, speed is good when connected through ethernet so I don’t think its the drives. Same with my 220+ Which has the same drives and mirrored and also have a cache m.2.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!