What's new

BackTrack password

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gwd

Occasional Visitor
Hi after reading ur great article on cracking wep I down loaded the BackTrack iso burnt it to disk,restarted my puter and sure enuff away it went until it got to the bit that asked for a password,so could someone plz tell me the password or what to do.TIA:)

IIRC, it's either root or toor.

Thx

Yeah thx 4 that.Really don't understand why people do that,its like when u download a film in a rar file and the wallies have put a password on the rar.If you don't want to share something then don't share it,keep it to urself and stick it where the sun don't shine.Some of these people are so damn clever yet so dumb at the same time.Well thx again I owe u 1.:D:D:D

tried that!

Tried both root and toor but it asks you first to logon and then it asks you for a password but it won't let you type anything in no matter what keys you press,or hold and press for the password.Any idea's as my computer savvy is shorter than a short thing.:cool:

Skill takes a long and difficult path to reach its destination,
Cunning takes an underground passage.

me again

Downloaded MIRC and went to the remote-exploit chat room and asked for help one of them told me the same as you and the rest gave me alot of abuse lol.Suppose its all so easy when you know the answer.I'll just have to learn computer language now,still its a laff.

Which version of Backtrack are you using? I tested the CD version of BT3 and wasn't prompted for credentials.

Have you verified that your keyboard is supported? USB keyboards may require some fiddling in the BIOS.

me again

I'm using the latest version BT4,first of all it asks you to logon.so I fill in "root" and hit enter,then it asks you for a password but no matter which key you press nothing happens,tried every combination going.I'm using a HP Pavilion 9500 laptop with English UK keyboard.I also have English US installed but it keeps reverting to English UK and it won't allow me to delete it only the US keyboard.I also have BT version 3 but when I reboot it just boots into vista,(which is rubbish imho).When the puter boots theres a list of options along the bottom but it goes that fast its hard to read what it says,will have to make an effort and see if I can find the boot sequence and change that.Appreciate all the help by the way many thx X 10.:)

Got it,,,,,,,yeah finally,lol.

DOH!! you type in root and press enter then when it asks for the password you type in toor and again hit enter,but of course there are no asterix's like normal.Easy when you know how anyways thx for all the effort.:):):)

I'm as clueless as the serpent of wisdom see you all back at the begining.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!