What's new

bad DIR-655

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pbls

Occasional Visitor
i just recived my brand new DIR-655 but i think it have a problem,the router constantly reboots even with default settings,if i don't switch any rj45 cable the problem doesn't happen,tried with wireless disabled,same thing,i think i'm gonna rma it.

Osamede a router must operate without rebooting at least with default settings,and i tried with 1.2 a 1.31 firmware and no go.

Osamede a router must operate without rebooting at least with default settings,and i tried with 1.2 a 1.31 firmware and no go.
In an idea world yes, but i think we all know what the reality is - products are routinely launched with firmware that most of us would consider unstable. ;) So indeed one must always consider the firmware status in such a situation - unfortuntately.

Or you could do what I did and spend more money to get a Draytek and skip the instability issues that seem all-too-commmon in typical consumer routers. But even then, one still pays a penalty in missing out on some features and choices.

if i don't switch any rj45 cable the problem doesn't happen,tried with wireless disabled,same thing

What the heck does this statement mean?

Does it reboot when connected using an ethernet cable (RJ45) and wireless disabled? What are you trying to do when the router reboots? i.e. general surfing or streaming video, bittorrent?

If your wireless client in your laptop is Intel and its running V9.x wireless client (or earlier), then upgrade to the current thats available on www.intel.com.

what i mean by RJ45 was the cable modem cable (WAN) sorry,so if i use the router as a switch only, it works with less reboots,when i plug the cable modem
it starts rebooting,so i send it back,tried diferent settings and firmwares and only surfing on the internet was enough to constantly crash.

i just recived my brand new DIR-655 but i think it have a problem,the router constantly reboots even with default settings,if i don't switch any rj45 cable the problem doesn't happen,tried with wireless disabled,same thing,i think i'm gonna rma it.

If you flash the router with the new firmware and it does the same thing?
Then take the router back to where you got it from and replace it. Defective router.

If you flash the router with the new firmware and it does the same thing?
Then take the router back to where you got it from and replace it. Defective router.
Thanks,that'e what i've done,reflash with the original firmware and the problem persists,so i returned to the store and ask for a trade off for naother unit.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!