1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Bandwidth Limiter under guest network

Discussion in 'General Wireless Discussion' started by Nasir Mahmood, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Nasir Mahmood

Nasir Mahmood New Around Here

I am having issues with my Asus RT AC3100 when enabled bandwidth limiter. It blocks internet completely for all the guests. I wanted to set 1mb for both upload and download. I'm using latest firmware 384.13.

Any suggestions please?

2. Greg72

Greg72 Regular Contributor

Setting that low is going to kill Internet & LAN

3. Nasir Mahmood

Lan (intranet) access is off it's only internet that is shared. I tried increasing speed gradually. It works for a little bit then stops again.

4. degrub

degrub Very Senior Member

is it based on bits/sec or total bits or fraction of total rate ?

5. Nasir Mahmood

Not sure what that means, there are mo other options other than setting simple limits. Please Screenshot_20191208-121442_Chrome.jpg see the picture of settings page. Might give you an idea.

6. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

What are your ISP speeds?

Are you using any other settings and/or scripts?

Is this a dirty upgrade to 384.13_0 or did you do a full reset to factory defaults after flashing the latest RMerlin firmware?

You may want to see the M&M Config and possibly the Nuclear Reset guides in the link in my signature below to get your router back to a good/known state. :)

7. Nasir Mahmood

ISP speed is 30/5, I update simply by choosing downloaded file. Never reset to factory or such.

Just read your instructions for entire reset option. That's a full day work lol, I'll give it a try on my day off. thanks for your time.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  8. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

No, the steps take longer to read (and write!) than to actually do them. Give yourself a good half hour to an hour, tops. :)

9. Authority

Authority Regular Contributor

Why? That’s basically a T1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk