What's new

Bandwidth limiting - 3 routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

granite

New Around Here
I need to implement device level bandwidth limiting to force my streaming boxes to use less bandwidth. I've got the R7800, R7000, and WNDR3800.

Is there any firmware that would work with one of those that has device level bandwidth limiting?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I need to implement device level bandwidth limiting to force my streaming boxes to use less bandwidth. I've got the R7800, R7000, and WNDR3800.

Is there any firmware that would work with one of those that has device level bandwidth limiting?

Thank you.

Just hint: It is possible using iptables from telnet/ssh console on my firmware for R7800. How: google should help you (examples). If you add such iptables rules to your script /opt/scripts/firewall-start.sh and if you have some basic knowledge of Linux command line. No GUI but workable solution.

Voxel.

I'm OK with using the CLI but couldn't find any examples that demonstrate setting a hard download limit.