What's new

best buy custom firmware router in japan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kazu

New Around Here
HI. I from japan.I go to china(for despotism)at next month. I found that this tool avoid great firewall(金盾).
so I think buy ASUS router.Please tell me the best router for me in buy on japan.

I recommend waiting until you get in country before picking up a router - locals will know which tools/devices work best as getting past the GFW is a moving target.

Besides, China is a different radio regulatory zone than Japan - you'll have better coverage/performance with local gear, and you won't have potential issues with customs when you arrive.

Say hi to pooh-bear when you're there ;)

I see.what is best choice router in nation of pooh-bear ? ASUS is good if possible.

You have to be more specific. What is "best" router in your understanding? What tool you want to use and how it is router related?

Perhaps an option... GL-Inet is well known for their travel routers, but over the past year or so, have expanded their lineup to include SOHO solutions. Being based in the Pearl River Delta with offices in Hong Kong and Shenzen - they are very aware of the challenges behind the GFW...

Base code is OpenWRT (fairly new spin of the Qualcomm QSDK), so a lot of flexibility, and deep set of addons to support transit across the GFW...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!