Best MoCa/DeCa adapters for RG-59 cables? (re: no cable tv/satellite)

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

sofakng

New Around Here
My home is unfortunately wired using RG-59 (instead of RG-6) cables but I'd like to extend the network to the second floor. I've tried using wireless but it's not stable enough and I'd prefer a hard-wired connection.

I don't have any cable television or satellite so my RG-59 cables are completely free/empty. MoCa uses higher frequencies (1125 - 1525/1675) which isn't ideal for RG-59. However, DeCa seems to use lower frequency (400/650 - 700/875).

Can anybody give me a recommendation on what I should use to extend my network using the RG-59 coax?

TomR_IL

New Around Here
My home is unfortunately wired using RG-59 (instead of RG-6) cables but I'd like to extend the network to the second floor. I've tried using wireless but it's not stable enough and I'd prefer a hard-wired connection.

I don't have any cable television or satellite so my RG-59 cables are completely free/empty. MoCa uses higher frequencies (1125 - 1525/1675) which isn't ideal for RG-59. However, DeCa seems to use lower frequency (400/650 - 700/875).

Can anybody give me a recommendation on what I should use to extend my network using the RG-59 coax?
Given the typical coax lengths encountered in a home environment, Moca should operate thru RG-59. Deca adapters are limited to 100Mbps while Moca has a capability of 1Gbps (your mileage will vary). You can improve the network by connecting the two Moca devices over a direct coax cable, replacing any splitters with a feed thru coupler.

CaptainSTX

Part of the Furniture
Also if this is an old RG-59 installation be sure all the connectors are good, tight and corrosion free. Replace any crimped on connectors with compression fittings.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!