What's new

Best Orbi f/w for 2x wireless backhaul & Convert RBK50 to RBS50?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

unclebobuk

New Around Here
Hi,
I've got an existing RBK50/RBS50 setup running 2.5.1.16. I'm planning to add an additional satellite for better coverage upstairs and to this end i picked up another RBK50/RBS50 device pair (version 1) from ebay as new. Currently just planning to run stock firmware but was seeking advice on 2 subjects.

1. Recommended version of stock when doing wireless backhaul with 2 satellites.
2. I'd found a reddit thread which discussed using tftp and artmtd to convert an RBK50 to an RBS50. Just wondered if that had been attempted by anyone on here? I did a quick search but didn't spot anything. If I was able to flip a RBK50 to a satellite I could use it in another location with a wired backhaul link.

Advice appreciated.

thanks

RBK is a Kit. If you referring to the RBR50 then I have't seen anyone here convert it. I would hope there is a way to get it back from RBS to RBR as well. Seems kind of risky. I would reference the reddit thread regarding the conversion. Good luck.
Hi,
I've got an existing RBK50/RBS50 setup running 2.5.1.16. I'm planning to add an additional satellite for better coverage upstairs and to this end i picked up another RBK50/RBS50 device pair (version 1) from ebay as new. Currently just planning to run stock firmware but was seeking advice on 2 subjects.

1. Recommended version of stock when doing wireless backhaul with 2 satellites.
2. I'd found a reddit thread which discussed using tftp and artmtd to convert an RBK50 to an RBS50. Just wondered if that had been attempted by anyone on here? I did a quick search but didn't spot anything. If I was able to flip a RBK50 to a satellite I could use it in another location with a wired backhaul link.

Advice appreciated.

thanks

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!