What's new

Best RT-AX88U Aimesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Icewin

New Around Here
Hello.

I have an ax88u as the main router and am looking for an Aimesh node. I'm considering either an ac86u or an ax88u. Which one should I choose? I don't care much about wifi 6. I care most about the best wifi coverage and speed.

Either should work well enough. A second RT-AX88U will be much better. Because it will be able to connect at AX speeds to the main unit making everything faster. :)

AC86U will have problem when you enable WPA3 on AX88U. I have tried it and it sucks hard. The mesh never happens on WPA3 enabled band. I am using a 2nd AX88U and things are quite smooth now and I don't have to worry about model combinations and compatibility between them.

Either should work well enough. A second RT-AX88U will be much better. Because it will be able to connect at AX speeds to the main unit making everything faster. :)

I’ve got my 58U in a mesh with my 88U and it works great. You have a 58U have you used it in a mesh?

@digits n bits, no, I don't. I have set up an RT-AC86U with a second RT-AC86U in AiMesh though.

Followed @OzarkEdge's notes and was pleasantly surprised how well it works. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!