What's new

[BETA] ASUS RT-AC87U 3.0.0.4_378_7944 Unofficial Beta Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sentinelvdx

Very Senior Member
Hi,

Here's the latest Beta firmware available:

Link: <Removed due to various issues>

Enjoy,

P.S.: I'll be posting new firmware as soon as it becomes available.

Last edited:
Cheers mate, any changelog?
Nope, sorry. I'll try to get it, because I want to know if it includes the new Quantenna's stuff

Well this time adaptive QoS also does not work, even though I did input half of my bandwith into the boxes speedtest goes full speed ahead...

Damn, what a shame
This month ASUS@SG has information that says we are going to receive it.

Well this time adaptive QoS also does not work, even though I did input half of my bandwith into the boxes speedtest goes full speed ahead...
That's completely true and I have taken note of that to share with them

Last edited:
@sentinelvdx
Just to make things easier for us.
1) Yes I did take the hassle and completely reset the router after firmware upg and set it up from scratch.
2) Last working Adaptive QoS was revision 7177.
3) I would pay the weight of the router in gold to ASUS if they added a reboot later buton/notifier... I wasted half a day setting up my router when it rebooted with most f*ckin apply buttons.
4) The WPS bug at 5GHz is still here, but ok I accept for the being their excuse that it is QTN fault.

Could you be so kind to confirm and forward my thoughts to Asus? ;)

Best regards,
Ank

P.S.
back to 7177

@sentinelvdx
Just to make things easier for us.
1) Yes I did take the hassle and completely reset the router after firmware upg and set it up from scratch.
2) Last working Adaptive QoS was revision 7177.
3) I would pay the weight of the router in gold to ASUS if they added a reboot later buton/notifier... I wasted half a day setting up my router when it rebooted with most f*ckin apply buttons.
4) The WPS bug at 5GHz is still here, but ok I accept for the being their excuse that it is QTN fault.

Could you be so kind to confirm and forward my thoughts to Asus? ;)

Best regards,
Ank

P.S.
back to 7177

1) I didn't mention it, because we all know a hard reset is recommended on Betas.
2) I stopped using Adaptive QoS since that version or earlier, that's why I didn't noticed it.
3) I totally agree on that... it's really really really annoying.
4) The WPS bug is there, yes, I didn't mention it because it is supposed to get solved once quantenna release the new drivers.

I'll be forwarding all of this tomorrow to them (I want to see if there's something else to share with them appears)

Thanks Ank

Last edited:
Thank you for the new beta. I'm going to test if the battery drain issue is still present.
My battery on my Nexus 6 has dropped 22% from my last post. This is starting to get frustrating that Asus can't solve this problem. Merlins firmware doesn't have this battery drain issue at. My usage is very light compared to most people with only going on Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat.

Hi,

After going through the setup from fresh install, changed the 2ghz and 5ghz networks to WiFi_2G and WiFi_5G respectively, but the networks did not change name and remained as ASUS and ASUS_5G until I manually rebooted.

Thanks
Colin

Dear all,

This month we will release a major firmware upgrade SDK for RT-AC87U - 5Ghz.

Stay tuned.

Best regard,
JK

This build still contain same issue. Don't need to test on battery drain.
Hey don't you know some at Asus that you can report this issue to? Also, I still have the battery drain issue on this build, but how are you for sure that it is present?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!