What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd mention that beta 1 is working well for me on an RT-AC3200 as well.

I also just wanted to mention that I seemed to have WiFi issues with 380.65_4 whereas previously 380.65_2 had been working well and was stable. I appreciate that it is unlikely you changed anything directly related to WiFi between those two releases but even after full resets certain devices would drop off the network and not be able to re-establish a connection, despite them popping in and out of existence on the System Log -> Wireless Log. This seemed to be affecting just 2.4GHz clients, but that might be just because most of the affected devices (non-computer type ones, e.g. Sonos, Epson Printer, Withings Home) are 2.4GHz only. Disabling airtime fairness helped but only by buying a few hours.

Anyway, long story short 380.65_4 Wifi wasn't stable for me, 380.66 Alpha 4, and now Beta 1, seem to have rectified the specific issue I was having.

I am getting the same issues on version 380.65_4, but b1 is worse on my N66U as no 2.4 devices can connect at all.

I am getting the same issues on version 380.65_4, but b1 is worse on my N66U as no 2.4 devices can connect at all.
My rt-ac88u's wireless signal on 2.4ghz has been very good since moving to the 380.66x series of firmware. My signal is more consistent and stronger than it was with the 380.65x series firmware. Have you tried a factory reset to see if it clears things up? I've noticed that my router tends to be sensitive to firmware changes at times requiring a factory reset to get things moving along again.

My rt-ac88u's wireless signal on 2.4ghz has been very good since moving to the 380.66x series of firmware. My signal is more consistent and stronger than it was with the 380.65x series firmware. Have you tried a factory reset to see if it clears things up? I've noticed that my router tends to be sensitive to firmware changes at times requiring a factory reset to get things moving along again.

I haven't no, as I've not had chance to note down all my settings, so I can manually enter them again.

I haven't no, as I've not had chance to note down all my settings, so I can manually enter them again.
I like to use the windows snipping tool to take screenshots of my settings pages to expedite their reentry when it has to be done manually.

I like to use the windows snipping tool to take screenshots of my settings pages to expedite their reentry when it has to be done manually.

Screenshots is an option yes, but my certs for openvpn are too long, as jffs too, so would need to do them manually.

Do you reset and reapply from saved config files or always do it with manual reentry?

Thanks

Screenshots is an option yes, but my certs for openvpn are too long, as jffs too, so would need to do them manually.

Do you reset and reapply from saved config files or always do it with manual reentry?

Thanks
I do a screen print to PDF.

Please read this FAQ about reset and restore of config files.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Using John's Restore tool is highly recommended and it will also backup jffs partition. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r24a.19521/

It has been 24 hours since I flashed two AC88U's with 380.66_1 Beta. I just checked the logs and no issues to report. All is good in the Land of Smiles. :D

I have flashed this to a ac88u and the only strange thing I have seen so far is that ports 5,6,7,8 appears as down while devices are up and running.
Anyone with this router have seen the same?
Is there any way to check the port status in ssh?

Thanks!

All of my ports with something attached show the speed while the empties show down.

I just got a ac68u a few weeks ago and have been running 380.66 alpha 3 on it since it came out with no issues. Can I just flash to this, or do I need a reset?

I have flashed this to a ac88u and the only strange thing I have seen so far is that ports 5,6,7,8 appears as down while devices are up and running.

Thanks!
Okay here. I can't duplicate on my end. I moved devices around to the different eth ports and the gui reported the correct status each time.

All of my ports with something attached show the speed while the empties show down.
Thx for the quick response. For any strange reason this is not happening for me, although I'm able to successfully ping the devices from the router.

Anyone know the command to check the ports from ssh?

Thanks

Thx for the quick response. For any strange reason this is not happening for me, although I'm able to successfully ping the devices from the router.

Thanks
Try the command: ifconfig

ip a show eth1 up - if up, some information will appear.
ip addr show dev eth3 - if up, shows ip address of interface
cat /sys/class/net/eth2/carrier - returns a 1 if it is up.
ip link show | grep UP | grep eth - shows eth links if interface is UP

Last edited:

Thanks
You are very welcome. Its been my experience with this router that if something is not quite right that a hard reset is needed to clear it up. Just like when I couldn't see the radio temperatures and others could. Once I hard reset the unit and reflashed it things started working better including being able to see the temps. Sometimes I feel like I have to hold my mouth just right while entering the settings to make it do what its supposed to.

Try the command: ifconfig

ip a show eth1 up - if up, some information will appear.
ip addr show dev eth3 - if up, shows ip address of interface
cat /sys/class/net/eth2/carrier - returns a 1 if it is up.
I have found that command "robocfg show" dump information of active ports, however still with the incognita here... will check further why this is happening and will post

Thanks

Thanks!
You may need to reset you ac88u to see if this clears your issue or
I just got a ac68u a few weeks ago and have been running 380.66 alpha 3 on it since it came out with no issues. Can I just flash to this, or do I need a reset?
No need to reset unless you run into any weird issues.

In my case I don't believe this was a signal strength issue, it looked more like a glitch in the negotiation phase which meant I'd see the device(s) appear in the wireless log and then immediately disappear, then reconnect then disconnect ad infinitum.

Upgraded from the AC56U to the AC88U this weekend and installed Merlin's latest firmware again. Everything went smoothly except for setting up OpenVPN. After hours of playing with the settings and ports, I finally got it working and policy routing fine with TorGuard vpn.

Also, the router would go crazy when enabling Guest Network. My wireless devices keep disconnecting/reconnecting constantly to the router every few seconds and I must hard reset router if toggling the Guest Network on/off to get stable wifi. This happens on both 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz band. FYI - I use the 2.4 GHz guest network band only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!