What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 Beta is now available for all supported models, except for the RT-AC87U (as Asus hasn't updated that model to the 382_50624 code). The focus of this release was the update to the latest GPL code available. The highlights:

• Updated GPL to 384_21045(with 382_50624 binary components for the RT-AC56U and RT-AC3200).
  • Added option to enable DNS rebind protection, available on the DHCP page.
  • Updated dnsmasq to 2.80test2-17-g51e4eee, nano to 2.98 and curl to 7.60.0.
  • Added AES-*-GCM ciphers to the OpenVPN legacy cipher list.
  • Added support for the -p switch to netstat. This has been integrated into the Network Tools page, so now netstat will also report which process is currently tied to a specific port/socket.
  • WTFast support was removed from the RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100 and RT-AC5300, as the precompiled components are incompatible with modern versions of curl (wtfast would crash at start on these models). Only Asus/WTFast can fix this.
  • When enabled, DNSSEC validation is now enforced on DNS replies (due to a change in dnsmasq's behaviour). If you are no longer able to do do name resolution on various domains while DNSSEC is enabled, it means your upstream DNS servers do not support DNSSEC. You should either disable it, or switch to DNSSEC compatible servers.

Please keep discussions in this thread to this specific release. Off-topic posts might possibly be removed.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Installed fine, will update if I get any issues, also WTFast is a waste of resources since I never saw any updates to it in the first place, I guess I won't miss it.

Also will DNS sec work on the DNS filter, if for example I set a DNS server that supports it?

Last edited:
Nice to see the SMB tweak implmented, should be some decent preformance improvements for those previously not using it.

When rt-ac87u will have this build ready

Trimis de pe al meu ONEPLUS A3000 folosind Tapatalk

We have to wait for Asus to release the new GPL for RT-AC87u

Upgraded my rt-ac1900p to beta1, right over alpha2. Everything running great.

Thank you, Eric!

Updated 68U and working fine so far. Dirty update over alpha2.
Uptime: 1 hours 20 minute(s)

Thanks

Nice to see the SMB tweak implmented, should be some decent preformance improvements for those previously not using it.[/QUOTE

Updated my RT-AC68U and performed download test of 4GB movie from attched HD to Router to wireless computer, the download worked for the first time in ages. I am assuming it is above tweak. Thank you!

All else working well for me.

Anyone using opendns? Is it failing with dnssec? Stupid cisco bought opendns then stopped working on it. Might need to switch to cloudflare but the protection is helpful.

Anyone using opendns? Is it failing with dnssec? Stupid cisco bought opendns then stopped working on it. Might need to switch to cloudflare but the protection is helpful.

OpenDNS does not support DNSSEC, it never has. This has nothing to do with Cisco...

Any changes in USB stack? Still experiencing issues with JMicron SATA bridge as described here.

No, and don't expect any since that is part of the Linux kernel, which does not get upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!