What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Consider that $20 bill pocketed :D ... I confess in your early alpha phase of flexqos I wandered across to the easy eats "cake" table and had my fill on the "light" side ;).

Now fully content to be back on the "heavy" side with infinitely tweak-able FlexQos giving me Triple A+ ratings and solid speeds from my 100/50 Fibre.
Best of all, unlike Cake, I am back to full HW Acceleration - for both Runner and Flow Cache. {Double Thumbs Up}.

Great job so far @dave14305 :cool:.

Is there a way to disable HW Acceleration while running FlexQoS?

You can always disable it manually at LAN - Switch Control.

Nope, no such option is displayed. Only Jumbo Frame or Spanning-tree protocol are available.
1A468D6B-7085-4CB7-8FDC-A013B1A1FDC7.jpeg

CD284297-BE1B-4D76-9DB5-90FE2186D6B2.jpeg

Oh, sorry for my false answer, at my 68U the option is there. No idea why the 86U doesn't have it. But may I ask, why do you even want to disable it?

130053 is “iasd”, which I’ve never heard of. How often does this show up in the list of connections?

Correction. it's 13005E which is HTTP Protocol over TLS/SSL

It's very common. They just started encrypting the traffic and it's mixed some of each of the rules.

Oh, sorry for my false answer, at my 68U the option is there. No idea why the 86U doesn't have it. But may I ask, why do you even want to disable it?

I am experiencing drops when using wifi calling if I walk from my house to my music room outside while on a call if I run any of the Asus QoS solutions. ( Asus Qos, FreshJR or Flexqos. Cell coverage is real bad at my location. If I uninstall any of those “built in” solutions and install cake, which disables HW Acceleration, my wifi calls do not drop. I have 2 RT-AC68U in an AiMesh system connected wirelessly. The node 86U is in my music room.

I am experiencing drops when using wifi calling if I walk from my house to my music room outside while on a call if I run any of the Asus QoS solutions. ( Asus Qos, FreshJR or Flexqos. Cell coverage is real bad at my location. If I uninstall any of those “built in” solutions and install cake, which disables HW Acceleration, my wifi calls do not drop. I have 2 RT-AC68U in an AiMesh system connected wirelessly. The node 86U is in my music room.

I'm wondering how you have the class prioritized. In commercial QOS implementations Network Controls are top priority, then VOIP, next Video. We can't do that as Asus mixed VOIP and Video. They sold be high up and need sufficient bandwidth allocated so that it is never clipped. Are you filling your pipe?

I had the priorities set to network control, voip, streaming, web, etc. The one common on all but cake is the HW acceleration on. Cake “just works” to “smooth” out my network’s limited bandwidth. My wife can be watching FuboTV, I can start a YT video, start a large download and make a wifi call then walk out to my music room and I can see on my iPad while watching the AiMesh node on the main router and see my iPhone switch over to the node and I experience a slight hiccup but no call drop. On the other qos solutions my call drops when the switch over occurs. The only real reason I wanted to use the non cake solutions is to better see what my network is doing. I guess I just need to not worry with that and just enjoy cake. But I do like watching those pretty graphs! :)

I need some help! I live at a place where maximum Upload speed is 1Mbps (practical around 800Kbps).
Problem starts when iPhones try to backup photos to the icloud. They take over all upload bandwidth leaving no space for other devices to properly communicate with the Internet. What kind of configuration would you suggest to solve this issue?

I need some help! I live at a place where maximum Upload speed is 1Mbps (practical around 800Kbps).
Problem starts when iPhones try to backup photos to the icloud. They take over all upload bandwidth leaving no space for other devices to properly communicate with the Internet. What kind of configuration would you suggest to solve this issue?

Since your upload is so low.

Do the cloud backup in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep.

I don't think you will have many options here.

Since your upload is so low.

Do the cloud backup in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep.

I don't think you will have many options here.
I always have this in mind, the backup happens when you typically charge your device and we don't always charge at night.

I always have this in mind, the backup happens when you typically charge your device and we don't always charge at night.
I had the same connection for 8 month here last year after I moved (10mbit/s down 0.9mbit/s up on a good day). I used FreshJR at that time and could not get it to work well with the low upload. I had used it before on a 100/35 connection with no problems and am now using FlexQoS on a 115/18 connection with no problem. There probably is a limit of what any QoS can do - especially on very slow asymmetrical upload...
No matter how I prioritized my cloud backups would either freeze everything else or never finish (or both). I never found a way to make it work other than making sure the backup runs in the middle of the night...
0.8 is probably so low that just the ACK etc. traffic from the download uses all the bandwidth...

This is a mock-up of new meters that will show how much of the allocated bandwidth per class is in use. It will be the rate as shown in the Rate column as a percentage of the ceiling (the max download or upload bandwidth). I'd love any developer hints on how to mark the rate value (i.e. minimum bandwidth per class) with a vertical line perhaps to show when each class is exceeding its guaranteed bandwidth.

Each meter is 100px wide. I'd really like to draw a vertical bar at the pixel that represents the minimum bandwidth. So for Work-From-Home, I have 20% minimum bandwidth, so at pixel 20 I want to draw a white vertical bar that is visible as the bar may go above or beyond that 20% value. Not sure how to do it yet since I just stole this code from Merlin. The commit is in the develop branch for anyone with ideas.

1596414029308.png

Looks cool actually but will it really make sense?

Cos if the higher priority categories are not being used, then file transferring can take all of it up, and go past its ceiling (>100%), right? (Not 100% on the terminology).

Does it need to be more like the resource meter bar?
1596421102985.png

Edit: Idea! Maybe draw a 100% vertical line in as well, and it can go past it, then we can see that its gone over and beyond!

Last edited:
Looks cool actually but will it really make sense?

Cos if the higher priority categories are not being used, then file transferring can take all of it up, and go past its ceiling (>100%), right? (Not 100% on the terminology).

Does it need to be more like the resource meter bar?
View attachment 25102

Edit: Idea! Maybe draw a 100% vertical line in as well, and it can go past it, then we can see that its gone over and beyond!

I fell that's harder to read. Particularity for the smaller values. It also dose not show over allocation.

This is a mock-up of new meters that will show how much of the allocated bandwidth per class is in use. It will be the rate as shown in the Rate column as a percentage of the ceiling (the max download or upload bandwidth). I'd love any developer hints on how to mark the rate value (i.e. minimum bandwidth per class) with a vertical line perhaps to show when each class is exceeding its guaranteed bandwidth.

Each meter is 100px wide. I'd really like to draw a vertical bar at the pixel that represents the minimum bandwidth. So for Work-From-Home, I have 20% minimum bandwidth, so at pixel 20 I want to draw a white vertical bar that is visible as the bar may go above or beyond that 20% value. Not sure how to do it yet since I just stole this code from Merlin. The commit is in the develop branch for anyone with ideas.

View attachment 25100

Just what I've been wanting Dave. You might want to show the limit by having part of the bar gray and on over subscription show the color lighter.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!