What's new

modmon modmon - WebUI for monitoring Virgin Hub 3 cable modem stats

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Would graphing Virgin Media Superhub 3 stats from Merlin be useful for you?

• Yes

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Jack Yaz can you consider adding support for modem stats on BCM8924-B10A as was using dslstats, but you need the pc running all the time to capture stats uses telnet to monitor it, anyway doing it this way is a powereater!

Thanks great work :)

merlin latest firmware 384.15 (AC86U)

Last edited:
Working like a dream no problem to report

dl.php

Thank you

@Jack Yaz if you can add support to your addon to monitor modem stats of broadcom bcm8924-b10a modem can you tell me what you might need and i can test things and report back?

@TechTinkerer, @Jack Yaz is on a well-deserved hiatus. :)

It may be a while before he responds as he's recharging his batteries for now. :)

@TechTinkerer Look at the attachments in posts 33 and 34. If you can extract that sort of information from your modem then there might be a chance that Jack could support.

IMHO there's no point people keep asking Jack "can you support my XXX modem?". Jack doesn't know, he doesn't have your modem. You need to do the basic research yourself and provide Jack with the extracted data.

Also bear in mind that this utility displays information for cable modems, not ADSL/VDSL modems.

@Jack Yaz
Installed on RT-AC68U, running. No errors thrown up.

Anything for VDSL2, Vigor 130 in the pipeline? Useful tool this.
I've been looking for the right output page he needs for the same router.

Not sure exactly how to set up the out put for it.

Last edited:
Update available
Changelog:
Code:
Switch to single tar archive for shared-jy resources

With this update, if you are running my other scripts (connmon, ntpmerlin, spdmerlin, uiDivStats, modmon), you MUST update these as well. Ignore any error messages during updates after the first script (it will mention too many levels of symbolic links), and let the update complete.

Once you have updated all of the scripts, run
Code:
rm -rf /www/user/shared-jy && rm -rf /jffs/addons/shared-jy
then open any of the scripts mentioned above and run 1 further update.

This will hopefully be the last time any of this messing around is needed - I'm switching to a single archive for all shared-jy resources to ease the pain of any new files that are needed in the future. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience!

Last edited:
All done as requested, no errors were shown during the update. Thanks for all the hard work :)

Working to get this to v1.0.0 and released! The new challenge is leveraging d3js given each chart has multiple datasets (i.e. channels). Fun times ahead!

@Jack Yaz what data do you need to add particular modem support for zyxel vmg-8924-b10a please?

v1.0.0 is now available, we're no longer in beta!
Changelog:
Code:
NEW: Change in minimum version requirement, see README!
NEW: Support for John's Fork of AsusWRT-Merlin
NEW: Option to toggle data output mode for weekly/monthly charts
NEW: Button to export/download CSVs used for charts
NEW: Add option to toggle time format in CSV exports between Unix and non-Unix time
CHANGE: Raw data output is now the default
CHANGE: Migrated from datasource plugin for ChartJS to D3js library

I notice the interface still refers to it as "Superhub 3 Stats" and "Superhub stats retrieved...". ;)

Love the project. Question, wiill it work to pull my Sagemcom 3890v3?

Also, is it coming to AMTM?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Depends, does the modem have a URL that returns the snmp/oids and values?
From what I know it does support SNMP but cannot find inside it's webgui anything to setup snmp agent or anything like that like with those technicolor.
The only way to check data is using on of it's tabs manually after login in

http://192.168.100.1/sagemcom_network.php

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

[mention]Jack Yaz [/mention]

I am assuming that in order for this to work well for those who are using a VPN service and have Policy Rules enabled, the router would have to go through WAN and the rest of devices would be routed through the VPN, correct?

Currently, all my devices including the router are going through VPN.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk