What's new

[Beta] RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_378_8671

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

To "poor poor", "fax" and "tuntun".
It's great to link to new firmwares (in Beta), but I would wish all of you could send the info.... what does this and the former firmwares content !!!!
Missing info: 8258 and now 8671. At Asus sites these firmwares is unknown !!!

This beta is broken for me in IE.. I cannot click Apply for ANY settings, it just won't apply or accept any changes. I did a factory reset after flash and I'm trying to setup for the first time now.. Can't change ANY setting, WIFI is wide open and cannot hide SSID.. Had to downgrade to 8258

This beta is broken for me in IE.. I cannot click Apply for ANY settings, it just won't apply or accept any changes. I did a factory reset after flash and I'm trying to setup for the first time now.. Can't change ANY setting, WIFI is wide open and cannot hide SSID.. Had to downgrade to 8258
You mean unable to update from IE ? how about chrome and firefox?

You mean unable to update from IE ? how about chrome and firefox?
No, I was able to update the firmware in IE.. I cannot click the "Apply" button on any forms, it won't save any changes. My Wifi is left open with defaults as the Quick setup or Manual Setup won't allow me to save any changes. I don't get the ring of balls to show loading, nor does it say it's "Saving settings". Didn't try it in Chrome or Firefox yet, this is in IE11.

I went back to 8258 and was able to at least get back online with a secure Wifi. :(

No, I was able to update the firmware in IE.. I cannot click the "Apply" button on any forms, it won't save any changes. My Wifi is left open with defaults as the Quick setup or Manual Setup won't allow me to save any changes. I don't get the ring of balls to show loading, nor does it say it's "Saving settings". Didn't try it in Chrome or Firefox yet, this is in IE11.

I went back to 8258 and was able to at least get back online with a secure Wifi. :(

Noted. thank you.

No, I was able to update the firmware in IE.. I cannot click the "Apply" button on any forms, it won't save any changes.

If anyone can reproduce this issue, can you open your web browser's error console, and report the error (and the content of the error line)?

To "poor poor", "fax" and "tuntun".
It's great to link to new firmwares (in Beta), but I would wish all of you could send the info.... what does this and the former firmwares content !!!!
Missing info: 8258 and now 8671. At Asus sites these firmwares is unknown !!!

Asus does not always provide changelogs when they supply such beta builds. Even when I get one straight from their development department, I get a changelog maybe once for every 2-3 beta firmware they send me. Most likely they don't compile and format an actual changelog until they are ready for a formal release. It wouldn't surprise me either if during development, they kept their notes in Chinese, which means they need to translate it back into English before release.

Asus does not always provide changelogs when they supply such beta builds. Even when I get one straight from their development department, I get a changelog maybe once for every 2-3 beta firmware they send me. Most likely they don't compile and format an actual changelog until they are ready for a formal release. It wouldn't surprise me either if during development, they kept their notes in Chinese, which means they need to translate it back into English before release.

Thanks RMerlin for your answer - I'll keep this in my head before I update a Beta without informations :)

do you have any newer than this built?

Not for the RT-AC68U, no. All the recent builds and code I've received are for an unannounced and unreleased router model.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!