What's new

[Beta] RT-AC87U 9.0.0.4.378.9110

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ASUS_ASUSWRT

Regular Contributor
Model: RT-AC87U
Firmware version: 9.0.0.4.378.9110
Download Link: http://goo.gl/ud2RKQ

Release Note
Added
1. New wifi driver to improve wifi connection
2. Traffic Analyzer for monitoring your network traffic
3. Bandwidth Limiter in Adaptive QoS
4. Can add offline devices in client list on Parental Controls->Web&Apps Filters

Update
1. Update OpenSSL to 1.0.2d
2. IPTV ISP profile setting of 'movistar' & ‘meo’
3. Adjust maximum number to 16 for Guest Network MAC filter
4. Web History/Traffic Analyzer can show device name.
5. Allow user paste password on login page

Fixed
1. Media server cannot scan files
2. Cannot complete QIS setting on IE11
3. Download speed is limited by Upload speed in Traditional QoS
4. Unexpected UI display issue

1. Where is scheduler for Reboot ?

2. For "Web History/Traffic Analyzer can show device name" also should add option to save data for external storage or internal to user still have data after restart router. I want control my children but when router reboot when i am in work , then i have no data.

3. You tell me that Green Icon for VPN will be add but not added.

4. Should be add option edit forwardig port on WAN without delete. Now when user want edit port, user must delete port and again add wit new set. I think good is the same style as styl edit client
smile.gif

5. Good option is add to NETWORK MAP on tab STATUS display info about temp CPU and temp WIFI 2,4GHz and 5GHz
smile.gif
looks good with data use core and memory.

6. And i please and send you file with setting for Polish provider AERO2 and please to add to configure USB GSM. Now still not added :(

7. BIG BIG BIG BUG !!!
In TRAFFIC ANALYZER>STATISTIC when i see on Today is OK i have statistic for client and in list i see clients. When i set date two day ago... i also see but when i come back to today i dont have client in list... and show other data before i set two day ago. Daily traffic is other... When i go to other menu and then come back to TRAFFIC ANALYZER>STATISTIC all is ok. But to time when i set other day. VERY VERY VERY BIG BUG and still is from some version firmware.

8. When ASUS correct finally DUAL WAN with USB 3G GSM ? Because it still not working correct.

Last edited:
So far so good, the WiFi is still behaving for now ;) Will see how things look in a week or so :)
Where do I find the scheduled reboot though?

I assume that the GUI is always something that can and will be improved on as time goes by so I won't go too much into it, however on the "Network Map", if you click on "View List" (to view all the clients), the list is great! However I can only edit the name there, then if I want to change the icon, IP etc, I need to go click on that little round computer, then go to the right status menu and edit everything there...
It would be much easier to just combine everything into that Client List, and replace that client status menu with the client list.

Last edited:
please edit topic and instert device name for this fw is. RT-AC87U

FW for RT-AC87U is always named like 3.0.0.4_378_xxxx now i see 9.

See this thread.

Beta Version
We wil give number 9 at the first number for beta releasing.

ex.
Normal Release: RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_8825-g79cb7d9.trx
Beta Release : RT-AC87U_9.0.0.4_378_8825-g79cb7d9.trx

Release Title
  1. [ASUS Beta] 9.0.0.4.378.8825 beta firmware release
  2. [Open Issue] Inform you an open issue with ASUSWRT
  3. [New function] Beta release for a new function

i saw this and edit my post ;)

I use 2WAN, but there will be an internal router to get public IP, ping the router can also be used by other websites, but both wired and wireless but can not access any external network. 8258 also have this problem. I do not know what the problem or setting. My ISP is "China Telecom", what is the DHCP is not working or what? PC Tips "No network access", which is unscientific! My method is to restart the fiber optic transceiver. But this does not solve this problem a hundred percent! Several testers are now back to me that 2WAN abnormal, can not access the Internet. Please be repaired, thank you

There is still a problem with specifically the iPad Air 2 that may be new to IOS9/9.0.1. Unlike iPhone 6, 5, 5s, iPad 2, iPad Mini and Mini 2, it disconnects from 5ghz after a minute or so - Tx speed drops to single figures, then device drops off network, then it joins again about 1min later and cycle repeats until it joins the 2.4Ghz network where it will stay connected.

This may or may not be related to a more serious problem, also noticed since IOS9, where the 5ghz network crashes completely, seen with Merlin 378.55 and ASUSWRT 378.5134. I've not seen that yet with this firmware but it only happens every few days, so it will be a week before I can say if this firmware is affected.

Problems are discussed widely here but a few threads are:
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/5ghz-goes-down.24165/ (talks about the sleep issue extensively on pages 3&4.)
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac87-5ghz-ios9-weird-behaviour.25420/#post-207146

But the 5ghz sleep problem is certainly annoying. I'll admit I'm close to giving up on my 2 ac87s under warranty and getting something else. The Quantenna side has never been right. I'll wait until the next 'stable' release then decide.

Last edited:
question for topic author: can You compress fw (zip,rar) before You are uploading it ? Without this we do not now if fw is downladed ok or not.

Last edited:
no differences. When file is compresed and not downloaded ok then we can't unpack.

Does anyone verified if Battery Drain is still present on 5Ghz band with Android devices?

There is still a problem with specifically the iPad Air 2 that may be new to IOS9/9.0.1. Unlike iPhone 6, 5, 5s, iPad 2, iPad Mini and Mini 2, it disconnects from 5ghz after a minute or so - Tx speed drops to single figures, then device drops off network, then it joins again about 1min later and cycle repeats until it joins the 2.4Ghz network where it will stay connected.

This may or may not be related to a more serious problem, also noticed since IOS9, where the 5ghz network crashes completely, seen with Merlin 378.55 and ASUSWRT 378.5134. I've not seen that yet with this firmware but it only happens every few days, so it will be a week before I can say if this firmware is affected.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/5ghz-goes-down.24165/ (talks about the sleep issue extensively on pages 3&4.)
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac87-5ghz-ios9-weird-behaviour.25420/#post-207146

But the 5ghz sleep problem is certainly annoying. I'll admit I'm close to giving up on my 2 ac87s under warranty and getting something else. The Quantenna side has never been right. I'll wait until the next 'stable' release then decide.
Have you tried to forget the network on the iOS device? iOS9 has changed the wifi components and dropped the discoveryd that seems to have been an issue for a while now and gone back to mDNSResponder. Just a thought. I would forget the connection and probably even perform the "reset network settings" on the device.

Chrome will show downloaded.

What he means is that a zipfile allows the user to verify that the download was properly completed and not corrupted in any way (as the zip file uses CRC32 checks during extraction). That would prevent the accidental flashing of an incomplete or corrupted download.

Have you tried to forget the network on the iOS device? iOS9 has changed the wifi components and dropped the discoveryd that seems to have been an issue for a while now and gone back to mDNSResponder. Just a thought. I would forget the connection and probably even perform the "reset network settings" on the device.
Yeah mate. Thanks for the thought, but tried forgetting and resetting the network. All the testing I did is pretty much spelt out in the "5ghz drops" thread. But also there are others seeing specific problems with the Air2 too. Might be to do with whatever changes they made for 2x2.

The behaviour is the same on 2 ac87s (one configured as AP, one as router and I've tried 378.54_2, 378.55 and now the new beta. Someone else is reporting similar problems with 378.5134. The behaviour is so predictable it seems a pretty solid issue.

Yeah, exactly the same thing I'm seeing here. I've tried everything possible with the 5Ghz settings, still the same. Interesting thing is that iPhone6 never disconnects, but iPad Air 2 disconnects right away when it goes to sleep, both devices are on iOS 9.0.1..... I've even tried refurbishing the iPad Air2 it still didn't help... Before you could change few settings on 5Ghz (network Key Rotation Interval = 0; DTIM Interval = 1; Beacon Interval = 20) yes it will drain the battery more but will keep iDevices connected, but now even that doesn't help anymore. I think the problem is on iOS 9.0.1 / iPad Air2 side of things... It never disconnected on iOS 8.x.x

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!