What's new

Better Forum Spam Protection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Trip

Very Senior Member
@thiggins - Seems the forum is getting popped with higher than normal amounts of spam lately (mostly in Chinese in this latest go around...). Not sure if the exploit is SNB-specific or perhaps XenForo at large, but it would be great if we could get some better spam protection. At the same time, I also don't want to have to fill out captcha's or layers and layers of verification each time I go to add content, so hopefully it can be done behind the scenes? Thank you for your help in advance!

This happens from time to time. Spammers get past the captchas and secret word, so are either smart(er) bots or human.

They eventually get bored and move on.

Not free no, Xenforo has Stop Forum Spam integrated as standard , that should stop most things.

I just use the ignore function. It works pretty good for me until a viable solution can be found.

Spammers get banned within a couple of hours. And these spam waves happen maybe once or twice a year on average. It's not as if the forum was flooded with spam on a daily basis...