What's new

Bind to Main router or Node (AiMesh)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JohnD5000

Very Senior Member
Is there a wat to bind a specific client to always connect to the main router instead of any available node in an AiMesh?

Also, related, is there a way to bind a specific client to a specific node if that node is connected to the mesh?

Thanks

Roaming block list in Advanced Settings --> Wireless
It first appeared in 3.0.0.4.384.32738.

Reading the area it says "You can add devices into roaming block list, and the devices will not be roamed between AiMesh nodes." I read this as the client not roaming once connected, but I don't see where I can say:
Always connect client "X" to the main router
or
Always connect client"X" to the basement node.

How do I do this with the Roaming block list?

Thanks

So basically it can not currently be done? Is there any word if this is a feature that is being worked on?

Just thought I would throw this out there. I happened to be looking at the GUI and caught one of my devices on a node, when it was explicitly added to the do not roam list several days ago.

Granted the node is not as close as the router to the ecobee (roaming device) the point is it roamed off the router to my guest room node. That guest room node has not had a device connected to it since yesterday evening and my kids were playing in the room.

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 12.20.28.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 12.20.45.png

Edit:

So based upon that fact, devices look like they will roam off the router to a node, but again reading the GUI they will not roam between nodes.

So if I follow this logic it could indeed move back and forth router<>node ?

I'll keep an eye on it for a couple of days and see if it relocates again.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!