1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Bind to Main router or Node (AiMesh)

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by JohnD5000, Nov 27, 2018.

1. JohnD5000

JohnD5000 Regular Contributor

Is there a wat to bind a specific client to always connect to the main router instead of any available node in an AiMesh?

Also, related, is there a way to bind a specific client to a specific node if that node is connected to the mesh?

Thanks

2. drabisan

drabisan Senior Member

Roaming block list in Advanced Settings --> Wireless
    It first appeared in 3.0.0.4.384.32738.

3. JohnD5000

Reading the area it says "You can add devices into roaming block list, and the devices will not be roamed between AiMesh nodes." I read this as the client not roaming once connected, but I don't see where I can say:
    Always connect client "X" to the main router
    or
    Always connect client"X" to the basement node.

How do I do this with the Roaming block list?

Thanks

Kingp1n and HuskyHerder like this.
  4. HuskyHerder

HuskyHerder Senior Member

5. JohnD5000

So basically it can not currently be done? Is there any word if this is a feature that is being worked on?

6. HuskyHerder

HuskyHerder Senior Member

Just thought I would throw this out there. I happened to be looking at the GUI and caught one of my devices on a node, when it was explicitly added to the do not roam list several days ago.

Granted the node is not as close as the router to the ecobee (roaming device) the point is it roamed off the router to my guest room node. That guest room node has not had a device connected to it since yesterday evening and my kids were playing in the room.

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 12.20.28.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 12.20.45.png

Edit:

So based upon that fact, devices look like they will roam off the router to a node, but again reading the GUI they will not roam between nodes.

So if I follow this logic it could indeed move back and forth router<>node ?

I'll keep an eye on it for a couple of days and see if it relocates again.

Kingp1n likes this.