What's new

Blinking update exclamation mark is not stopping after updating

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Scott Elsdon

New Around Here
Hi there, I've googled and searched this forum but cant locate any information on this hence the question.

I realise its cosmetic, but how do I get rid of the flashing exclamation mark telling me there is a firmware update.

I've updated twice now and this is still there. I have a RT-AC88U and moved to Merlin 384.9 this morning in a hope to rid this eye glue but after rebooting, its still blinking away.

I did have a Pi connected for PiHole using the USB port for power, but removed that to a dedicated power source. I thought the upgrade 384.2 after I removed that device would solve this one. but no, then I spied 384.9 this morning. Updated power cycle and its still blinking.

I'm assuming there is a flag or a buffer that needs purging, can anyone point me to where that is please ?

\S/

Hi there, I've googled and searched this forum but cant locate any information on this hence the question.

I realise its cosmetic, but how do I get rid of the flashing exclamation mark telling me there is a firmware update.

I've updated twice now and this is still there. I have a RT-AC88U and moved to Merlin 384.9 this morning in a hope to rid this eye glue but after rebooting, its still blinking away.

I did have a Pi connected for PiHole using the USB port for power, but removed that to a dedicated power source. I thought the upgrade 384.2 after I removed that device would solve this one. but no, then I spied 384.9 this morning. Updated power cycle and its still blinking.

I'm assuming there is a flag or a buffer that needs purging, can anyone point me to where that is please ?

\S/

Check if https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-384-8-is-now-available.50189/page-16 Veky’s post will help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, That doesn't work, i've tried telling the router to not alert, and to re alert for firmware a dozen times, with no change to the blinking exclamation mark, its still there flashing away.
Same here; I also tried to do the code as well and it has not stopped yet but will wait to see if it clears.

Edit: I finally got it to work; I am on 384.8_2 and don't want to update to 384.9 due to known issues so I used this code to set update off and put in an older version than what I am using.
Code:
nvram set webs_state_error=0
nvram set webs_state_flag=0
nvram set webs_state_info=384_8_0
nvram set webs_state_info_beta=384_8_beta2
nvram set webs_state_update=0
nvram commit

Last edited:
You can try this:

Code:
nvram set webs_state_info=384_9
nvram set webs_state_update=1
nvram commit

:)

You can try this:

Code:
nvram set webs_state_info=384_9
nvram set webs_state_update=1
nvram commit

:)

YES!

Thank you, After puttyíng in and entering the commands the dammable thing has stopped flashing. Thank you for scratching my OCD.