Block Internet Access for Client Stops Internet For Whole Network

  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

avi68

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I have an asus rt-ac86u which I flashed from 384.18 to 386.2. I did a full factory default reset after I updated. I have a device on the network that doesnt require internet access, so like previous firmware versions, I clicked on the client and selected "Block Internet Access". However, once I do this everyone on the network (wired or wireless) cannot get access to the internet. The only way to get the internet back is to undo the Block internet access option for that client.

Is there a way I could figure out why this is happening? Has anyone experienced similar issues?

Thanks

Regards,
Avi
 

clvk07

Senior Member
Hi all,

I have an asus rt-ac86u which I flashed from 384.18 to 386.2. I did a full factory default reset after I updated. I have a device on the network that doesnt require internet access, so like previous firmware versions, I clicked on the client and selected "Block Internet Access". However, once I do this everyone on the network (wired or wireless) cannot get access to the internet. The only way to get the internet back is to undo the Block internet access option for that client.

Is there a way I could figure out why this is happening? Has anyone experienced similar issues?

Thanks

Regards,
Avi

Something similar happened to me as well. AX86U 386.2 beta3. Didn't have time to follow up /troubleshoot. I just rebooted the router and seems to have worked. If I remember right the internet access to the client (xbox) was still blocked but general internet was ok.
 

avi68

Regular Contributor
I tried that but it was still the same. It looks like when I restored my jffs it caused issues. I started from scratch again today, manual reconfigure (again) and I did not restore my jffs and now it’s working as it should. Looks like I created the bug originally :( Glad it’s all sorted now
 

Latest threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top