What's new

Block Internet Access not working immediately

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Misterio

New Around Here
Capture.JPG

Using this method. It took about 8 mins before access is blocked.

However, when unblock, access returns almost immediately.

Its quite inconsistent. I'm at 15mins and access is not blocked as yet.

I have looked through various posts for an answer but with no joy. Any advice is appreciated

View attachment 50311

Using this method. It took about 8 mins before access is blocked.

However, when unblock, access returns almost immediately.

Its quite inconsistent. I'm at 15mins and access is not blocked as yet.

I have looked through various posts for an answer but with no joy. Any advice is appreciated

You sure the phone isn't using mobile data, or showing you cached pages?

This could be expected behaviour depending on how you're testing it. IIRC when you block access for a client it prevents new outbound connections. It doesn't terminate any established connections.

You sure the phone isn't using mobile data, or showing you cached pages?
It's a Galaxy tablet... only uses wifi... also I tested it using YouTube stream... I willl clear the cache also and try again... thanks for your response.
This could be expected behaviour depending on how you're testing it. IIRC when you block access for a client it prevents new outbound connections. It doesn't terminate any established connections.
Ah! Interesting.....this could be the reason.
I will test terminating established connections. Then try connecting again to see what happens. Thanks

If you want it immediately, either reboot the router or the device.

It's a Galaxy tablet... only uses wifi... also I tested it using YouTube stream... I willl clear the cache also and try again... thanks for your response.

Ah! Interesting.....this could be the reason.
I will test terminating established connections. Then try connecting again to see what happens. Thanks

Yeah your youtube stream pre-buffers, and even if it didn't, maintains the active connection for a long time. Close and reopen it and you should see it won't connect.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!