What's new

Block specific URLs from only specific devices?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Livin

With home school due to Covid, I have kids home all the time.

Looks like Firewall block URLs for ALL devices.
I want to block specific web sites (like YouTube) from ONLY my kids devices.

How can I do this with AC86U?

thx!

With home school due to Covid, I have kids home all the time.

Looks like Firewall block URLs for ALL devices.
I want to block specific web sites (like YouTube) from ONLY my kids devices.

How can I do this with AC86U?

thx!

I've never used the Diversion feature in AMTM, but from reading around the forums, my understanding is that you can block sites at the DNS level for specific clients only, in Diversion. So I'm not providing a detailed how-to here (because I haven't used Diversion myself), but hopefully this is pointing you in the right direction. See here maybe for some ideas.

[edit]

If the above (Diversion) suggestion isn't working out for you, another plan of attack could enable Guest Network and have the kids connect to that. Install YazFi Extension and have DNSFilter send to Guest Network to a DNS server that blocks the sites you want to block (e.g., Diversion, a Pi-Hole).

Last edited:
I imagine this is possible with scripting, but I have no experience in this topic, so what about registering for a DNS service, like OpenDNS, then configure what your DNS service can and can't do, then manually assign this as the DNS Filter custom servers and add the required devices to the DNS Filter list and point them at the custom servers you set. Not tried this myself though.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online