1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Block WAN access for Aicloud

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by alphaghost, Feb 13, 2018.

1. alphaghost

alphaghost New Around Here

I am looking to limit my Aicloud setup to LAN only. I have searched google and this forum but can't seem to find an answer. It is looking like it would be best to use a stand alone file server of NAS and block WAN traffic that way. I have all remote access disabled and use a VPN server to gain any LAN access i might need.

2. Avin4

Avin4 New Around Here

I think the intention of Aicloud is exactly to let you access your files from internet/WAN environment, so LAN access only is not possible. Besides if you only need LAN, why Aicloud? FTP is enough and easy to use! If you have some security concern, Merlin has TLS support for FTP. Or you can use SMB or VPN.