What's new

Block YouTube for particular device

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You can put that device in LAN/DNS-Filter and set it to for example to NextDNS ip (account can be made at nextdns.io) and there youtube can be blocked and you need to create a "linked ip" or setup a DDNS address on the router under WAN

You can put that device in LAN/DNS-Filter and set it to for example to NextDNS ip (account can be made at nextdns.io) and there youtube can be blocked and you need to create a "linked ip" or setup a DDNS address on the router under WAN

I'm interested in setting up NextDNS on my AC86U. Can you please provide more information on how to set this up?

I'm interested in setting up NextDNS on my AC86U. Can you please provide more information on how to set this up?
I have added my kids school laptops under LAN/DNS-Filter and changed a custom field to one of the nextdns ipv4 server addresses and set that custom i changed to their devices in dns-filter.
And i have a DDNS in wan set (one can be created for free) to update ip, So these devices use the account on nextdns.io (the DDNS adress can be added on nextdns setup page)
If you want encrypted DNS(DoH) for every device on the router i recommend DNSCrypt Installer (Specific devices can be bypassed using DNS-Filter)
edit:
ip link/ddns is only needed for regular dns not for DoH

Last edited: