What's new

Blocking internet access of specific device, by api call or command line

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davidnagy

New Around Here
Hi, I am just looking for some info, that is it possible to programmatically block a specific device internet access (API calls or by command line)
Thanks in advance

D.

If you go into Network Map/Clients and click on the device in question you can block it from there?

Yes, through the UI I am able to block, but I wanna do some automation regarding internet access of specific devices.

I guess it depends on how you're doing the automation. The GUI block just inserts iptables rules into the router's firewall. If you're running a script on the router (via SSH) then you can just mimic what the GUI is doing with your own iptables commands. There's no API access, just the command line.

I guess it depends on how you're doing the automation. The GUI block just inserts iptables rules into the router's firewall. If you're running a script on the router (via SSH) then you can just mimic what the GUI is doing with your own iptables commands. There's no API access, just the command line.
thanks, that worked :)