What's new

Blocking/Unblocking Internet Access from webUI not working correctly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TelecomDoctor

New Around Here
@RMerlin - I have firmware 380.69_2 in my RT-AC56U and the webUI does not respond to clicks to control Internet Access when from Network Map you click on "View List" as this user reports. I was gearing up to upgrade to firmware level 384.6_0 but evidently this does not solve the issue based on other posts. A workaround I may have discovered is to click above on the PC icon image and work directly with each connected device which shows up in "Client Status" on the right side.

In any case the dead button in the view list pop-up is a bug and actually seems to unblock if you had blocked in Asus Android App. Furthermore the hover help is reverse of the action as well.

@RMerlin - I have firmware 380.69_2 in my RT-AC56U and the webUI does not respond to clicks to control Internet Access when from Network Map you click on "View List" as this user reports. I was gearing up to upgrade to firmware level 384.6_0 but evidently this does not solve the issue based on other posts. A workaround I may have discovered is to click above on the PC icon image and work directly with each connected device which shows up in "Client Status" on the right side.

In any case the dead button in the view list pop-up is a bug and actually seems to unblock if you had blocked in Asus Android App. Furthermore the hover help is reverse of the action as well.
You may want to look into the latest firmware your router supports. 380.69 is extremely old and it looks as though 384.6 may be the newest version you could try. That may help but what you describe with clicking slightly above the icon sounds like a browser issue not firmware.

You may want to look into the latest firmware your router supports. 380.69 is extremely old and it looks as though 384.6 may be the newest version you could try. That may help but what you describe with clicking slightly above the icon sounds like a browser issue not firmware.

I thought it was a browser issue as well. Tried two other browsers besides Chrome and also ensured that Pop-up Blocking was not on. The webUI does say "view" for the window it brings up - perhaps the App just presents differents than the webUI and wrongly sets the expectation you can control Access by clicking?

Could try newer firmware but as mentioned before the other user has it and seems to still have the aforementioned inability to control Internet Access.

@TelecomDoctor, I would suggest you flash your RT-AC56U with @john9527's RMerlin fork which is current and up-to-date instead.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AAkJBWoo-OiyKJo&id=9332FC159A7E129!241&cid=09332FC159A7E129

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/fork-asuswrt-merlin-374-43-lts-releases-v44e5.18914/

Not just updated, but available with many of the firmware options that current RMerlin firmware has too. :)

Hmmm, used to use DD-WRT but was having too many issues with compatibility/instability which is why I wanted to go with Merlin's fork - just a few needed tweaks. Going yet another degree of freedom away to another fork causes me pause. Not looking for more features, just nice and stable. Tired of having to reboot the routers all the time for when the NAT tables get full...

Could try newer firmware but as mentioned before the other user has it and seems to still have the aforementioned inability to control Internet Access.
That is not what the user in the other thread was reporting. He was confused by seeing tx/rx numbers for a blocked client. He never mentioned any problem using the webui.

That is not what the user in the other thread was reporting. He was confused by seeing tx/rx numbers for a blocked client. He never mentioned any problem using the webui.

OK, then my question is: Should one be able to control from the webUI/Network Map/(Client) View List pop up?

Ha, ha, ha - well that answers that then. All this time I was thinking the webUI was aligned with similar to Android app functionality.