What's new

Blue Cave AiMesh add RT-AC68U fails every time.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KnowsMuch

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I have tried everything I can think of to get my Blue Cave to add a node including Latest Firmware, Factory Reset both, downgrade the 68u, move devices from 1' - 20'. Blue Cave sees node and sometimes it will count to 100% and fail and other times about 50% then speed up count and fail.

Are there any tricks to make the initial pairing a success?
- Thanks
KnowsMuch (But apparently not enough)

no, dont think it is implemented in 21140, cant mail you this file as I have no use for it so deleted it some time ago.

Thank god! I was about to buy a Blue cave for a decorative node a couple of weeks ago. I won't buy it.

Hello,

I have tried everything I can think of to get my Blue Cave to add a node including Latest Firmware, Factory Reset both, downgrade the 68u, move devices from 1' - 20'. Blue Cave sees node and sometimes it will count to 100% and fail and other times about 50% then speed up count and fail.

Are there any tricks to make the initial pairing a success?
- Thanks
KnowsMuch (But apparently not enough)

Could you send feedback with system log, wifi log by Administrator -> Feedback function ?

NO, is for AC66U, not 68
You need glasses .....;)
Sorry, but these glasses will be needed for your eyes!
It is NOT for 66U but for 66U_B1 and so identically to all 68U-types!

Running on mine very well, device list seems to be more stable now.

Last edited:
I will try and report back when I get home from work. Thank you for this @Grisu

FINALLY!!! Success!
RT-AC68U Firmware used: Version 3.0.0.4.384.32738
Blue Cave Firmware used: 3.0.0.4.384.32546

Now to ALL the other configuration - VPN - WAN - LAN - STATIC IPS - DDNS - DNS ...etc..
Thanks to everyone who offered their help on this.

PS: Does anyone know what happens if I disable WPS now that I am set with AiMesh?

Last edited:
There is no need for AiMesh to have WPS enabled, neither for pairing nor for operation ... just tested without!

Why do you believe it would be useful?

UPDATE: just wrong it has automatically been enabled on parent router WITHOUT any notice!

Last edited:
Why do you believe it would be useful?

After a successful node pairing I noticed WPS was enabled. I tried to disable it but a warning message popped up that said something like:
If you disable WPS it may negatively effect AiMesh communication...
...or something similar to that.

Last edited:
When I tried to disable it after I noticed it was on a warning message popped up that said something like: "If you disable WPS it may negatively effect AiMesh communication..." Or something similar to that.
YES you are correct, was disabled before and didnt see it as it has been enabled without any notice, THATS BAD if they change settings without any warning!!!

It is changeing the moment you click on search for Aimesh devices.

@arthurlien: could you please report this back to be changed that in future the user will get a notification that WPS will be enabled in the background if you use Aimesh and search for nodes!

Last edited:
YES you are correct, was disabled before and didnt see it as it has been enabled without any notice, THATS BAD if they change settings without any warning!!!

It is changeing the moment you click on search for Aimesh devices.

@arthurlien: could you please report this back to be changed that in future the user will get a notification that WPS will be enabled in the background if you use Aimesh and search for nodes!

When WPS disabled and you press "search", the WebUI will popup a message as " WPS will be enabled when searching for an AiMesh Node". Have you seen these message?

@arthurlien: No I have NOT seen this message poping up on my 86U (used it as parent router). Maybe I have been blind on this eye.
But after it was done I checked WPS and magically it was turn on.

Could someone else test it please if he sees this warning when first time start using Aimesh with disabled WPS.

@arthurlien: No I have NOT seen this message poping up on my 86U (used it as parent router). Maybe I have been blind on this eye.
But after it was done I checked WPS and magically it was turn on.

Could someone else test it please if he sees this warning when first time start using Aimesh with disabled WPS.

I tested and I saw this message as a popup window in 384.21140.

the popup window as

Attachments

• 螢幕快照 2018-08-20 下午4.23.36.png
    螢幕快照 2018-08-20 下午4.23.36.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 754