What's new

Blue cave aimesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mufftours

New Around Here
Hi, I have a Asus ax58u router for sometime with out issue. However, I recently got fttp and moved the router to the hall way. The look of the router didn't please my DW, so I am having to use my old blue cave router.

One of the reasons I replaced my router previously was the stability of blue cave with certain iot devices.

Therefore I want to setup a mesh with the blue tooth as the router and ax58 as the node. With most of the devices wirelessly connected to the node.

When I try to mesh the routers together it Asus errors, should I be able to mesh these 2 routers together?

Hi, I have a Asus ax58u router for sometime with out issue. However, I recently got fttp and moved the router to the hall way. The look of the router didn't please my DW, so I am having to use my old blue cave router.

One of the reasons I replaced my router previously was the stability of blue cave with certain iot devices.

Therefore I want to setup a mesh with the blue tooth as the router and ax58 as the node. With most of the devices wirelessly connected to the node.

When I try to mesh the routers together it Asus errors, should I be able to mesh these 2 routers together?

It says it supports aimesh. Are they both running the latest firmware?

Yes they both have the latest or last firmware in the case of blue cave. I have meshed up two blue caves in the past.but as I mentioned previously they are not good with certain iot devices

Yes they both have the latest or last firmware in the case of blue cave. I have meshed up two blue caves in the past.but as I mentioned previously they are not good with certain iot devices

Did you factory reset the AX and set it up wirelessly sitting next to the bluecave (i.e. follow the aimesh setup instructions)? You can try hardwired too. Seems to be youtube videos of people making it work with other Asus routers.

Yes they both have the latest or last firmware

Asus Blue Cave is End-of-Support device with latest firmware on 384 base released 2-years ago. This router has AiMesh 1.0 support - early version with no Guest Network to nodes and missing functions. It may not play well with RT-AX58U on 388 firmware and AiMesh 2.0 support. Asus is currently clearing out remaining units. Perhaps good for Access Point only, wired.

1683551265856.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!