What's new

Blue Cave kernel error in log

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vega

New Around Here
good day,
I am using a Blue Cave in AP mode with an AX88U as the main router. I have been trying to get roaming assist working without any success. while I rebooted the entire network, modem, router, AP and clients, I was looking through the logs of the router and the Blue Cave. on every reboot or start up I see this error message in the Blue Cave log

Code:
Feb  2 23:02:32 kernel: [   32.610000] WARNING: Running kernel does not match configured kernel headers the driver was built with!  The driver needs to be rebuilt with the correct kernel headers!
Feb  2 23:02:32 kernel: [   25.640000] DC DP [dc_dp_check_if_netif_fastpath:858] failed as netif=  (null) and ifname=  (null)!!!
Feb  2 23:02:32 kernel: [   32.710000] WARNING: Running kernel does not match configured kernel headers the driver was built with!  The driver needs to be rebuilt with the correct kernel headers!

I tried reflashing back with 46417, and the error persists. I flashed back to 46468 with no change. finally I did a complete reset of the router and reflashed again. the error persists.

is anyone else seeing this error?
is it a bug, or has it always been there and I did not notice it?

thanks in advance

1) You need to flash the firmware you want first, then reset the router (sometimes, multiple times in multiple ways).

2) The roaming assistance is only a suggestion to the client devices. It doesn't actually make them do anything they don't want (or can't) do.

thanks for the reply. so does the kernel error signifies a problem with the firmware?

after each flash I've done the reset from the gui with the initialize box ticked twice. is there anything else I should be doing after the flash?