What's new

Bonded DSL on RT-AC1900P

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hifiwifi

Regular Contributor
My ISP has a deal on bonded DSL, which would effectively double my current speeds up and down. Would I be able to continue to use my RT-AC1900P as my router, presumably in dual WAN mode? I am currently running my DSL modem in bridge mode with it, and it works very well.

Thank you for any advice. I am running 380.68_4 if that matters.

With bonded DSL you still only get 1 WAN interface with 1 IP address. You’ll have a modem with 2 DSL interfaces and 1 WAN interface your your router.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With bonded DSL you still only get 1 WAN interface with 1 IP address. You’ll have a modem with 2 DSL interfaces and 1 WAN interface your your router.

This makes sense. I misunderstood how bonded DSL works. It's not load balancing with dual WAN at all, then. Thank you.

Yes it’s often confused with load balanced lines. Might be worth confirming with your ISP it really is bonded and not balanced!