What's new

Bridge issue to RT-N16

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

L36

New Around Here
Hello.
So recently I though I'd try Asus merlin since I've heard good things. Flashing went well but now I have an issue. I have my Verizon modem in bridge mode and while I was on ddrwt, the router would pull the WAN IP from the modem. With this firmware, its not the case. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to do this?
Thanks.

Turn off your modem and router for at least 10 minutes.

Then turn on the modem first, wait 5 minutes, then turn on the router.

Hello.
So recently I though I'd try Asus merlin since I've heard good things. Flashing went well but now I have an issue. I have my Verizon modem in bridge mode and while I was on ddrwt, the router would pull the WAN IP from the modem. With this firmware, its not the case. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to do this?
Thanks.

Your Verizon device must be a modem/router? A modem alone is always a bridge.

Your Verizon device must be a modem/router? A modem alone is always a bridge.

It is, however I've set it up into a bridge to bypass its tiny NAT table.
Still no luck.

Edit: flashed ddrwt and it pulled my public WAN IP right away. I don't know why this firmware is so weird about pulling WAN IP. Can someone fill me in on that? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Last edited: