What's new

BT Business Hub > ASUS RT-AC68U > Guest Log In

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PurpleCookie

New Around Here
Hi all

I'm going to apologise in advance for my helplessness. I've been thrust into a situation without much experience and am trying to do all I can before admitting defeat.

A small venue is looking to set up guest log in for their wi-fi, including data capture in the form of email addresses required to log in (agreeing to be added to the monthly newsletter), to then be directed to the venue website homepage which they can then navigate away from. With BT Business Hub 6 I understand this does not allow guest log in so we have the ASUS RT-AC68U installed alongside and ready to go.
I know of Merlin firmware, but not how to access/use it.

Unfortunately this is as far as I've managed to get without coming up with some gaps in information, knowledge and experience. I've trawled many forums and think I may be out of my depth but feel the need to at least try - if anyone can guide/direct me any further I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
This seems to be a bit of a jump. The guest LAN is set up quite easily but it's the email login (would this be the splash page?) then redirect to homepage that I'm struggling with.

Sorry, I have no idea. I've never used it, it just "looked interesting" from the screenshots :(.

$5 a month is cheap for all that it does for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick google suggests you can run DD-WRT firmware on the 68U, which would then support the site I linked.
It’s not 100% simple to do as you have to bypass the Asus safeguards to prevent flashing of unauthorised firmware, but if you are stuck with that hardware I’d say the one hurdle of getting it to flash would be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remembered from my past usage of DD-WRT that it had captive portal support (although I never used it myself). But as I my experience of DD-WRT in general is not good I was looking at LEDE as an potential alternative.

But I think if you're running this in a business environment then the establishment should be prepared to spend a bit of money to get the correct solution, which includes ease-of-use by non-IT staff.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!