1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

[Bug] Administration IP whitelist rules not applied after reboot

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by gst, Mar 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. gst

gst New Around Here

Version: 380.69_2
    Hardware: RT-AC66R

Problem:
    Under Administration>System, I have set up a whitelist of networks/addresses which should be allowed to access the WebUI. When you first apply the setting it works great and blocks addresses which are not whitelisted. After rebooting though, any address is allowed access to the WebUI. The whitelist settings are still there, the rules just don't seem to be applied on boot.

Anyone have suggestions for a script to force those rules on boot (as a workaround)?

Edit: If it matters, the device is operating in AP mode.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  2. gst

gst New Around Here

The more I think about it the more I think this is related to the device being in AP mode. It appears no netfilter rules are being loaded on boot. Maybe if the device is in AP mode the netfilter firewall service is skipped? It makes sense not to start it most of the time, but it's needed for this purpose.

I created a script to apply the access restrictions on boot in the meantime, until the bug is confirmed/patched.