What's new

bug: DHCP does show up clients correctly with different network mask

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bobyang

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I found if I use a different network mask other than 255.255.255.0, the "clients" wont' show up correctly.

it will be great if someone can test it to confirm if this is an issue. I have reset NVRAM few times and this is what I found. thanks!

router : asus ac56u
router: 172.17.0.1 / 255.255.252.0
clients: 172.17.1.1 to 172.17.3.254

Bob

try using 192.168.x.x
in case the router firmware or clients don't handle that special range properly.

You may know that this is the private/non-routable range:
172.16.0.0 -- 172.31.255.255

The networkmap service is hardcoded to /24.

The networkmap service is hardcoded to /24.

thank you Merlin! is there any way I can change hardcoded value? or it is inside the code not configuration file?

I am facing another issue: when I click on "reboot", I can see it goes through WAN because I set up wan-start to email me. However, I could not connect into Web or SSH through WAN IP. I need to power off and wait for few seconds and boot to get access again through WAN IP. I will test more, just for your information.

thanks!

thank you Merlin! is there any way I can change hardcoded value? or it is inside the code not configuration file?

It's the code itself, not just a defined value. It only loops through a fixed set of 256 IPs, for starter.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!