What's new

Bug in RT-AC5300_380.66_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aaron Payne

New Around Here
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. I have found a bug in the build RT-AC5300_380.66 and RT-AC5300_380.66_2.

If I upgrade to either of these two firmwares AirPrint from any Apple device (IOS 10.3.2) on my home wifi to my HP Printer stops working. Remote access to my Sky Q box from the Sky Q app on any IOS device also stops working.

I rolled back to RT-AC5300_380.65_4 and everything works fine. I upgraded again and both problems above reappeared, rolled back once again everything is working.

Try a forum search on AirPrint, numerous fixes/tweaks have been posted over time to work with this Apple-only technology.

Thanks for replying. On the surface it seems something changed in 380.66. I have rolled back to 380.65_4 and wanted to flag it. If anyone wants me to run any diagnosis or produce a log file I would be happy to, its easy to reproduce and some others seem to have reported similar connectivity issues with Nest and other services.

Thanks for replying. On the surface it seems something changed in 380.66. I have rolled back to 380.65_4 and wanted to flag it. If anyone wants me to run any diagnosis or produce a log file I would be happy to, its easy to reproduce and some others seem to have reported similar connectivity issues with Nest and other services.

There are a few suggestions regarding IGMP snooping and such. I don't remember the details myself, that's why I suggested checking past messages on the forums for details.

AirPrint issues have been a problem for months, it's not new or specific to 380.66. In fact, I've had people reporting the opposite, that 380.66 worked better than 380.65 for them.