What's new

Bug - Router Inoperative after commanding SSH Reboot?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rocketboy235

Regular Contributor
Hello,

I am currently running ASUSWRT-Merlin (384.13) with the RT-AC68U router and it seems this has happened the 2nd time. When I command a reboot via SSH, the router reboots but then seems to become unresponsive. What ends up happening is the Wifi networks pop up but when trying to connect to it, it will give the message that the Wifi password is incorrect. Not sure why but I was able to reproduce it a 2nd time. Issue doesn't happen too often but this is the 2nd time within 2 weeks-ish.

I am also running an ASUS Aimesh setup as well with another RT-AC68U router as a node in case that is any useful information.

Curious if anyone else has experienced a similar issue.
Haven't updated to 384.14 yet but planning to soon.

Edit: Some more information... before I reboot via SSH, usually the router is very slow and I cannot access the web page (tried restarting the httpd service but was not able to progress far after doing that).

Last edited:
Thanks, should have looked through the search results first...

.....Edit: Some more information... before I reboot via SSH, usually the router is very slow and I cannot access the web page (tried restarting the httpd service but was not able to progress far after doing that).

Can you see what generally happens when you command the SSH reboot before it gets to the time when it starts running slow?

(Most of our RT-AC68Us never slow down or need a reboot (except when updating). When was your last reset to factory default settings?)

Can you see what generally happens when you command the SSH reboot before it gets to the time when it starts running slow?

(Most of our RT-AC68Us never slow down or need a reboot (except when updating). When was your last reset to factory default settings?)

Unfortunately, I'm not on site but there are other people there. Next time it happens, I'll have them take a peek at the router itself when I do try it out. Will need to figure out how to grab the logs before and after as well if possible.

I updated the router to go from ASUS stock firmware to 384.13 approximately a month ago and then configured it a bit afterwards. Don't remember if I did a complete factory reset though I should have if I didn't...