What's new

Bugs: AC68U sends beacons on channels 149 and 165 (Firmware version: 3.0.0.4.386.46065)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jw.hou

New Around Here
I found that if I set the AC68U's wireless setting as shown below, it will send the same beacon on channel 149 and channel 165.
The beacon signal on channel 165 is not strong.

1646794377440.png

Out of curiosity: what method do you use to "listen" for beacons on 165?
Realtek RTL8812AU and Intel AX200 were used as sniffers on channel 149 and 165.

Channel 149 sniffer log
1646824228526.png

Channel 165 sniffer log
1646824330393.png

Last edited:
Very strange!
Source mac is the same one.
Yet, both beacons are seen on different channels and, even weird, with massively different signal strength and noise level.
I don't use anymore my RT-AC68U so I can't dump beacons sent by 3.0.0.4.386.46065.

I would send the pcap in a ticket to Asus. I personally struggle to understand how the router can even send beacons from a single radio on 2 different channels.

Very strange!
Source mac is the same one.
Yet, both beacons are seen on different channels and, even weird, with massively different signal strength and noise level.
I don't use anymore my RT-AC68U so I can't dump beacons sent by 3.0.0.4.386.46065.

I would send the pcap in a ticket to Asus. I personally struggle to understand how the router can even send beacons from a single radio on 2 different channels.
I also sniffed channels 153, 157 and 161 and found no beacons.

Thank you for the information, I have reported this issue to the ASUS website.
Yes, thank you for finding this bug and reporting it to them, only then will this firmware be more reliable and robust.

I'm sure Asus will respond positively to you, I have a good impression of their customer support, they always forward issues to someone who can actually solve it.