What's new

Build 380.67, VPN and IPTV

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok, some more testing shows:

1. NAT Acceleration ON: IPTV Stream play perfectly and hold a stable stream
2. NAT Acceleration OFF: IPTV Stream start OK, but stream dips to under 100k, then goes back to max bandwith for about 5 secs, then dips again.......and so on
3. NAT Acceleration ON, VPN ON: Same results as 2.

QOS on or off makes no difference to the above.

Ok, some more testing shows:

1. NAT Acceleration ON: IPTV Stream play perfectly and hold a stable stream
2. NAT Acceleration OFF: IPTV Stream start OK, but stream dips to under 100k, then goes back to max bandwith for about 5 secs, then dips again.......and so on
3. NAT Acceleration ON, VPN ON: Same results as 2.

QOS on or off makes no difference to the above.
hmmm odd how old is the router may i ask? And are both clients wired or wireless

Im pretty sure its not ISP related, as i can easily watch youtube and do other downloads over the VPN, its just the HTTP IPTV streams.

I dont have any of the IPTV setting under LAN turned on, and the streaming works fine off the VPN.
so its the iptv via pc or a set top box, im just qurios cause it seems thatnif the streaming protcol is not detected correctly if its a box u can use the badwith allocation, also did u enbale app analsis in adaptive qos?

Router is about 6 months old.

Doesn't matter, whatever i try (Apple TV, VLC on PC), all have the same issue, although all are wireless.

I just connected my PC to LAN to try, and same issue, so its not affected by wireless.

Yes,App analysis is on, shows the stream as "web streaming"

Funny tho, with VPN on. App analysis doesn't work, and i cant expand a device to see what apps are using internet.

If its multi.cast usually you enable igmp proxy and snooping, under ip tv, also is you qos sig the latest.
Also is which isp are you with, im qurios about your iptv, it might be like mine its a https stream i think im with optus in austrlia i have the fetch tv.

Mine is BT TV in the U.K. and definitely multicast and yes I have the correct settings. ASUS support have confirmed that they are not dealing with the traffic correctly and plan to fix for the QoS modules. As previously said, I'm not suggesting this issue is QoS related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is BT TV in the U.K. and definitely multicast and yes I have the correct settings. ASUS support have confirmed that they are not dealing with the traffic correctly and plan to fix for the QoS modules. As previously said, I'm not suggesting this issue is QoS related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome, qos is good but needs alot of work still.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!