What's new

Building RT-N12E_B1 3.0.0.4.380.7378 from source

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cbaby

New Around Here
I've downloaded GPL archive v. 3.0.0.4.380.7378 of asuswrt from https://www.asus.com/Networking/RTN12E_B1/HelpDesk_Download/.

It looks like RT-N12E_B1 isn't supported as target directly.
I've found some reference in the code suggesting that N12E_B1 might be covered by N11P build, so I build for N11P and compared md5 sum with N12E_B1 driver image downloaded from the support site.

Seeing that they don't match, I wonder is it the question of there being some build-time dependent data in the image (like timestemps or build machine data), or if there's a different target that should be used for building N12E_B1, of the GPL archinve from the support site is simply not the right source for N12E_B1.

Could anyone shed a bit of light?
Thanks.

The MD5 will never match, because it changes with each build. The firmware image contains date stamps that will cause changes.

Thanks for the clarification.

I've been digging around in nvram of a stock firmware router.
It has productid=RT-N11P and odmpid=RT-N12E_B1, so I guess that pretty much answers my question.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!