What's new

Button that turns Wi-Fi off and on?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Morac

My cleaners were here and all the sudden the Wi-Fi died while they were cleaning around the router. They said all they did was pick it up and put it down. I logged into the router wired and a message came up saying the Wi-Fi hardware was turned off and asked if I wanted to turn it on. I did and the Wi-Fi was back, but I have no idea how it turned off in the first place.

Is there a button on the router (RT-AC88U) that turns the Wi-Fi off and on? If so, can that be disabled?

There is - front right side. Check the User Manual, it's available online. It can't be disabled.

Untitled_ac88u.png

Button No. 10

Thanks. I never realized there was a button there. The only button I knew about was the WPS button.

Thanks. I never realized there was a button there. The only button I knew about was the WPS button.
I was going to look at mine, luckily Tech9 posted pix for proof.

. It can't be disabled.
Well, it really depends on how determined you are :)

As my cat likes to walk over the router and maybe have a nap on it now and then, and I have no use for that button, a drop of cyanoacrylate glue keeps me and my cat happy :)

What kind of Senior Member are you? :)
and there you discover the difference between Senior Members and Very Senior Members.