What's new

Bypassing vpn on 1 port

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shaneprasad

New Around Here
Wondering if i can get some advice/help on this issue.

192.168.2.1/24. wan(192.168.2.2). lan- 192.168.3.1/24
ISP --- Elecon Router (room1)-ethernet----- RTAC68P (room2)

My Asus router (Merlin) kept dropping wifi connections. I assumed it was because it was refurbished and had some issues. Elecon has been stable.

I decided to use the RTAC68P router to create a PPTP connection from my apartment in Japan to my parents house in SF. Works great. I am able to watch live xfiniti from all my devices.

I work out of room2. I am wondering if there's a way I can use the wired connection on the ASUS(port4) and route straight out. I don't want the device connected to port4 to vpn to US. I could buy another switch but thought i'd ask here first.

I created a new bridge interface and added vlan2 to it. I added port 4 to vlan2. Then i put my machine on the 192.168.2.x ip space and everything on my desktop started working but the vpn stopped working and i couldn't ping 192.168.3.1 anymore.

Any suggestions