What's new

Cable Modem Diagnostics Page Scripts Blocked - In 386.7 and 386.7.1 only

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Regardless it is still a bug somewhere, there is no reason your default route shouldn't allow your router to ARP out the WAN for the modem's management MAC address, but sounds like something isn't working quite right.
This is what I'm thinking. I'm going to use a little patience on this one, since I do have modem access in a crunch. Hopefully, ASUS/Merlin will find the lasting solution...
Thanks, all!!

This is what I'm thinking. I'm going to use a little patience on this one, since I do have modem access in a crunch. Hopefully, ASUS/Merlin will find the lasting solution...
Thanks, all!!

This worked to regain access to the CM 1100 Modem!!
Find your IP at https://whatismyipaddress.com/
Go to the router LAN - Route page and enable static routes, then add this route info:
192.168.100.1255.255.255.255Your IP Address2WAN
Hit Apply button and access your modem as before!!!!!

Hello-
I have a Netgear CM3050V EMTA cable modem. I'm currently running Merlin 386.5.2 on my RT-AC86U. If I try to upgrade to 386.7 or 386.7.2 of Merlin, access to my cable modem at 192.168.100.1 is all screwed up and I am unable to veiw the signal levels and all kinds of other options related to more full featured cable modems (that include a router) show up instead. I'm a beta tester for Netgear so I had access to their product engineers. I had several emails back and fourth with Netgear engineering and he determined that for some reason scripts that run on the cable modem were being blocked. I can literally turn this problem on and off just by switch between versions 386.5.2 and (386.7 or 386.7.2).

Also, if I want to exhibit the same problem accessing the cable modem diagnostic screen on 386.5.2 all I have to do is enable Web apps and filters under Parental Controls.

So, it seems that under 386.7 & 386.7.2, even though I have Parental Controls / Webb apps and filters disabled in the GUI, it really isn't disabled. Anyone have a similar issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
CxP
Have you heard anything about when the 3050v will be released?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!