What's new

Cable modem shows only 1 line of log

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RocketJSquirrel

I'm using a brand new Motorola MB8600 cable modem (which I bought after Comcast emailed me that my old 6121 modem was going obsolete because it didn't support DOCSIS 3.1).

The MB8600 works fine. No problems at all.

One day, I was looking at the modem's event log via the modem's GUI. It has tons of uninteresting events related to starting up for the first time. I pushed the Clear button to get rid of those events. Fine.

But now, the log only displays one event. Ever. And it's not always the same event, it's usually dated the current day. It's as if clearing the log somehow told the modem to continuously clear the log prior to posting each event.

I have tried web-surfing around looking for Motorola modem support, which goes to Arris, and when attempting to sign in to forums, goes to Lenovo. It's making my head spin.

Any ideas about how to fix the log so it shows more than 1 event or how to actually contact support for this modem?

Attachments

• eventlog.png
    eventlog.png
    62 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
Rebooting the modem seems to have fixed it. I thought I had already tried that. Never mind.