What's new

CakeQOS Cake Status

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And delaying a return response, or just simply dropping the packet, would only seem to impact the sender. In either case, the router is saying to the sender, "slow down, you're flooding me". In either case, the result equals less data trying to flood the interface.

I believe the general consensus is that people with disabilities, given that they have a condition which has an (real*) impact on their quality of life, are given some preference at times.

* vs an impatient person who thinks that waiting at a terminal for a few extra minutes, is suffering an impact on their quality of life.
People with disabilities do need and deserve help. How dose having the disabled person spend more time in an aluminum can help them?

Airlines are always compiling "We are late, hurry up." If they want to be onetime, they should look at the efficiency of there practices.

How does being first or being last change efficiency?
It is a matter of what can happen in parallel. When the isle is obstructed, nobody that would be seated beyond the obstruction can be seated and everyone waits. People that can quickly be seated can fill many seats when they board and random is faster than isle order for the same reason.

It is a matter of what can happen in parallel.
There is no parallel. If parallel was a thing, then an obstruction in one of the aisles would be a minor issue, as the parallel aisles would continue to function.

In any case, I have no doubt that boarding times are something that airlines do care about*, and that they have applied more thinking and effort towards, then someone on the internet. In any case, I suspect that there are more efficient methods at optimization of boarding times, then making the disabled and the young board last (perhaps by making them board first :p ).

*edit: They cop fines if they are late to depart, correct?

There is no parallel. If parallel was a thing, then an obstruction in one of the aisles would be a minor issue, as the parallel aisles would continue to function.

In any case, I have no doubt that boarding times are something that airlines do care about*, and that they have applied more thinking and effort towards, then someone on the internet. In any case, I suspect that there are more efficient methods at optimization of boarding times, then making the disabled and the young board last (perhaps by making them board first :p ).

*edit: They cop fines if they are late to depart, correct?
Do some research on aircraft boarding time. The airlines have even studied it and don't change. There is no fine for a late departure though there is for an early one. There are actually two departure times. Gate time (Advertised to attract people to the advertised times) and wings up time (the actual departure time) Airlines purchase wings up time from the airport, yet you will see 3 airlines with a popular departing time such as 5:30pm. It's not possible to have all 3 aircraft take off at the same time and that's amplified by multiple destination. It's a marketing game.

In any case this is not a aviation forum. we should get back on topic. I should not have brought hat up.

Cake’s preferential treatment of sparse flows is similar to being in the checkout line at a store when you have 1 or 2 items, and the person ahead of you has a full shopping cart, and they let you checkout ahead of them so they don’t make you wait for them to finish their large order.

And you’re in a hurry because you have to go board a plane...:p

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!