What's new

CakeQOS CakeQoS-Merlin v2.0.0 alpha

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update again. It probably has to do with promoting everyone from alpha to develop branch. This was mentioned back on May 8. If it’s still there, let us know.
I applied the hotfix the other day, and when I check for updates, a hotfix is (still) available

I applied the hotfix the other day, and when I check for updates, a hotfix is (still) available

Is that only in the WebGUI or both the CLI and WebGUI? I saw this with the WebGUI, but not after applying the update using the CLI.

I've updated May 8th, through the WebUI, twice as mentioned below by @dave14305. Once I did that, there were no more hotfixes available and I was told everything was up to date.

EDIT: You may have to update twice to get the latest code from develop.

Is that only in the WebGUI or both the CLI and WebGUI? I saw this with the WebGUI, but not after applying the update using the CLI.
sorry for the delay in responding - I shouldve qualified my earlier response with the fact it may have been related to a mains power dip/outage we experienced that morning.
It was an anomaly in the GUI (didn't check the CLI) ...nothing to see here - carry on.

FYI, I installed the new 386.3_alpha1 on one of my AX88U routers. everything worked well except for this script. The GUI showed up but didn't display the status page below the settings. I forced an update in the CLI with 'cake-qos update' option (1) and everything works again.

I've updated May 8th, through the WebUI, twice as mentioned below by @dave14305. Once I did that, there were no more hotfixes available and I was told everything was up to date.
Lemmy would approve. The 8th of May! the 8th of May!!! :cool:

Lemmy would approve. The 8th of May! the 8th of May!!! :cool:
I didn't have a clue what you're talking about, but after some research I recommend you change your username to 'rocksoundude' or 'motörhead'. Sorry for my lack of cultural knowledge.

Hows CAKE-QoS working out for any gamers here? Did you stay with CAKE or you rather use Flex?

Would you think with 50/5 mbps (w/Comcast) speeds be more beneficial with CAKE than Flex?

Does the 2.0.0 alpha script still being tested and does it have any known issues or moving to beta soon? Just wondering if I should wait until beta/final release and stay with FlexQoS! Thanks and really appreciate having QoS options!

Hows CAKE-QoS working out for any gamers here? Did you stay with CAKE or you rather use Flex?

Would you think with 50/5 mbps (w/Comcast) speeds be more beneficial with CAKE than Flex?

Does the 2.0.0 alpha script still being tested and does it have any known issues or moving to beta soon? Just wondering if I should wait until beta/final release and stay with FlexQoS! Thanks and really appreciate having QoS options!
With your connection, you shouldn't need to adjust any options. The default cake configuration will work fine. In order to test that, you don't need the script at all, just enable cake QoS on the default QoS page.

The cake-qos add-on adds no extra functionality other than a way to set advanced options.

I didn't have a clue what you're talking about, but after some research I recommend you change your username to 'rocksoundude' or 'motörhead'. Sorry for my lack of cultural knowledge.
lol - no apologies necessary. the reference obviously dates me.

@ttgapers - is this thread even going to make it out of "alpha" mode ? ;)
Look pretty much done and dusted to me !

@ttgapers - is this thread even going to make it out of "alpha" mode ? ;)
Look pretty much done and dusted to me !

Can be closed up now :) Been busy and my apologies folks..

Status
Not open for further replies.