What's new

CakeQOS Cakeqos setup help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mastermjr2004

New Around Here
Hi,

I hope everyone is keeping well. I have a question in regards to CakeQOS setup. After installing cake and setting it up does Adaptive QOS within the router menu stay off or do I need to turn it on?. I couldn't find this information in the guide unless I missed it.

CAKEQOS Version v1.0.7
Merlin Version 386.1_2
ISP: Virgin Media DL 200 UL 18
CAKE DL 160 UP 14

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Kind regards,

Matt

Since you are running 386.1 and Cake 1.x.x, then yes, you need to completely switch off QoS in the WebUI. All QoS configuration is then performed from the router's command line.

If you instead switch to the 386.2 beta, then you will want to first, uninstall the cake-qos mod, upgrade the router to the 386.2 beta firmware, and then you can use Merlin's built-in cake implementation which can be accessed via the web interface.

I recommend updating to the latest beta and using the built-in cake-qos, or at least, not bother with cake on 386.1 for now and wait until 386.2 is released out of beta.

Reactions: Gar