What's new

Can 2.4 GHz Radio be Disabled (AC86U)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smedley

Regular Contributor
I don't use the 2.4 GHz radio on my AC68U and want to disable it such that the Wi-Fi button only toggles the 5 GHz radio on/off.

Is there an NVRAM command that would accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

I don't use the 2.4 GHz radio on my AC68U and want to disable it such that the Wi-Fi button only toggles the 5 GHz radio on/off.

Is there an NVRAM command that would accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!
Look at Professional tab under Wireless in GUI.

From the GUI:

Advanced Settings>>Wireless>>Professional>>Enable Radio [Yes/No]

Look at Professional tab under Wireless in GUI.
Thanks! I 'm aware of the setting on the Professional tab to turn off the radio. I had the 2.4 GHz radio off. When I use the Wi-Fi toggle button on the AC86U, the first push turns it back on. A second push turns both radios off. A third push turns both radios on.

I am trying to have the Wi-Fi button only toggle the 5 GHz radio and leave the 2.4 GHz radio off.

I am trying to have the Wi-Fi button only toggle the 5 GHz radio and leave the 2.4 GHz radio off.
When this question came up before the answer was that there is no way of separating the different bands from the button press.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!